Windows 10: What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently?

Discus and support What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a couple years of exclusively using Linux, I have installed Windows 10 (as dual boot) just a few days ago to start working with some new software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aftermath404, Apr 13, 2020.

1. What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently?

After a couple years of exclusively using Linux, I have installed Windows 10 (as dual boot) just a few days ago to start working with some new software (fusion 360).

I had an old boot media (version 1809 or 1903, I don't remember). I installed it, loaded all my apps and proceeded with Windows updates. Fusion 360 was very buggy and prone crashing frequently. I was frustrated I couldn't get any work done, so I decided to fire up overwatch and play for a bit to relax. Overwatch ran reasonably well, but was prone to frequent latency spikes. After all this, I shut down the system and went to bed. The next morning it got a lot worse, BSODs, lots of them with a different error code every time.

I assumed that the updates may have broken my windows install, so I made brand new install media and got second fresh installation with the most recent version. I had all the above problems again. Frustrated again, I wiped the drive and repartitioned it for a Linux storage drive. Now I'm trying to get fusion working with wine.

WTF was going on, my hardware works great with linux and is reasonably new.

Ryzen 3600x Asus crosshair VI hero GTX 1080 16gb RAM

submitted by /u/Aftermath404
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aftermath404, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently?

1. What is the state and stability of Windows 10 currently? - Similar Threads - state stability currently

2. Windos 10 - Taskbar stability

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windos 10 - Taskbar stability: I use the taskbar instead of the desktop to manage my programs and applicatons:- I've increased the height of it.- I've created on it several symbolbars containing control buttons for them.- I've disposed them in a practical way on the task bar.- I've then fixed the task...
  3. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  4. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  5. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stability

Stability: What is the most stable version of Windows 10 to run without any problems?! It's overwhelming that the latest version has problems such as slow boot time and suspending processes automatically without the possibility to resume it. I'm running on 20H2....
  7. windows and application stability

windows and application stability: Why does windows become unstable when you leave applications opened all the time? Is there something that can be done? In my experience, I've learned to close everything daily, resulting in snappy-fast responses the following day. I very much dislike, arriving to a...
  8. What is the most current Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the most current Windows 10 version: What is the most current Windows 10 version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-most-current-windows-10-version/bf5cbf4f-ba30-449f-a9a6-754b7044b7e6
  9. fix stability Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fix stability Windows 10: Please help with fixing stability issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fix-stability-windows-10/fea54fe1-dd00-4c60-9dd7-aba0e67597a9
  10. What's the current state of current Fall Creators Update stability?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the current state of current Fall Creators Update stability?: I initially installed the Fall Creators Update when first offered, and I don't have to tell you about the disaster that followed. But I have learned from my experiences, ie. anniversary update nightmare, & used a macrium image to dial back, after which I deferred the...