Windows 10: What is the taskbar colour registry key?

Discus and support What is the taskbar colour registry key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So for a while now I've been trying to find the registry key that changes the colour of the taskbar but nothing I have found on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jac0b_0, Jun 11, 2020.

1. What is the taskbar colour registry key?

What is the taskbar colour registry key? DB5VF_lEa1VCcoutbSlaueTHEH9_YSMjo5omETkn61A.jpg

So for a while now I've been trying to find the registry key that changes the colour of the taskbar but nothing I have found on the internet has worked. I am using registry changes view to track the changes between setting a new colour and these are all the changed keys. I've tried a bunch of these but all I've found is that

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\AccentColor

changes the title bar colour. Any help to find the key that changes the taskbar colour would be appreciated.

https://preview.redd.it/c1tarno9na4...bp&s=ecb4774ffad5e42b16e6874c3baa5eafa3de0e02

submitted by /u/Jac0b_0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jac0b_0, Jun 11, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Taskbar registry key

You can experiment to determine this.

Download, install and run Regshot (free).
    Make sure your PC is idle.
    Create the first snapshot.. wait patiently.
    Now change the taskbar size
    Create the 2nd snapshot.. wait patiently.
    Click Compare

The report categorises and lists changes to registry keys. It's normally not long.

dalchina, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Fenestrix Win User
    Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

Fenestrix, Jun 13, 2020
  4. ppdemo Win User

What is the taskbar colour registry key?

Taskbar registry key

Hi i need know where is the key path of the taskbar size in the registry. I hope your answers regards

ppdemo, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

What is the taskbar colour registry key?

1. What is the taskbar colour registry key? - Similar Threads - taskbar colour registry

2. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  3. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  4. What is this registry key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this registry key?: I found this while searching through the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-registry-key/2fa2391c-7926-448c-992a-49ca3f061a8a
  5. What is this registry key?

What is this registry key?: I found this while searching through the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-registry-key/2fa2391c-7926-448c-992a-49ca3f061a8a
  6. Taskbar colour

Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  7. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  8. What registry key contains taskbar height

in Windows 10 Support
    What registry key contains taskbar height: I like my Win10 taskbar to be 3 rows high (3 rows of icons). Every time a Windows Update is applied, the height of the taskbar reverts to 1 row high. This is only one of many settings that gets reverted back to some default value. I change several settings related to desktop...
  9. Taskbar registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar registry key: Hi i need know where is the key path of the taskbar size in the registry. I hope your answers regards 138473
  10. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495