Windows 10: What is the "TMP" folder?

Discus and support What is the "TMP" folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnthonyB11, May 25, 2022.

1. What is the "TMP" folder?

I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing

:)

AnthonyB11, May 25, 2022

2. annoying tmp files in downloads folder

Hi all,

for a while now my "downloads" folder has been full of .tmp files that make it impossible to find any real downloads in the folder.

I read online these files might be associated with chrome, but I don't know the steps to deal with this issue.

would appreciate help with this

JakeBilchinsky, May 25, 2022
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, May 25, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

What is the "TMP" folder?

Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue about deleting a TMP file after a printing job, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Does the issue persist when you print using another device?
    • Is your printer a wireless printer?
    As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you download and run the
    printing troubleshooter

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, May 25, 2022
Thema:

What is the "TMP" folder?

1. What is the "TMP" folder? - Similar Threads - TMP folder

2. TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...: Every 2 minutes or so I check how much i have storage left one minute there 30gbs left and then another theres 500 mbs. All in a very short amount of time too. I delete all of the temp files i can but they dont stop coming....
  3. TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...: Every 2 minutes or so I check how much i have storage left one minute there 30gbs left and then another theres 500 mbs. All in a very short amount of time too. I delete all of the temp files i can but they dont stop coming....
  4. TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.

TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.: Some of the TMP files are deleted after PrintFilterPipelineSVC.exe is exited from the process.TMP files with some data are not deleted from the spool folder.Please let me know how to handle this, trying to solve this from many days but could not find any solution.Regards,Uday...
  6. TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.: Some of the TMP files are deleted after PrintFilterPipelineSVC.exe is exited from the process.TMP files with some data are not deleted from the spool folder.Please let me know how to handle this, trying to solve this from many days but could not find any solution.Regards,Uday...
  7. TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. .TMP files found with in the folder when I closing the main files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .TMP files found with in the folder when I closing the main files: It happens that there are some .tmp files appeared in the folder with the master file when I was closing it, can the .tmp files to be deleted ?...
  9. .TMP files found with in the folder when I closing the main files

.TMP files found with in the folder when I closing the main files: It happens that there are some .tmp files appeared in the folder with the master file when I was closing it, can the .tmp files to be deleted ?...
  10. .TMP files found with in the folder when I closing the main files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade