Windows 10: What is the URI command to open master volume?

Discus and support What is the URI command to open master volume? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am customizing a rainmeter skin, that adjusts volume on click. I have tried: ms-settings:apps-volume - this opens the window to adjust volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iloveTesseract, Aug 16, 2020.

1. What is the URI command to open master volume?

I am customizing a rainmeter skin, that adjusts volume on click. I have tried:

ms-settings:apps-volume - this opens the window to adjust volume

ms-settings:sound - sound settings

ms-settings:sound-devices - opens the speakers and microphones dialogue

I need to open the small bar that appears when volume icon in clicked in the taskbar. The closest i got is apps-volume but it opens a new window? Any ideas appreciated

submitted by /u/iloveTesseract
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iloveTesseract, Aug 16, 2020
  2. GrimaceKA Win User

What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?

For example, ms-settings:sound, opens "Sound". ms-settings:display opens "Display". There are many such URI commands.

I want to create a shortcut which will open the "App volume and device preferences" page. Every forum I've looked at so far lists
    ms-settings:apps-volume as the URI command which will open that page, but it just doesn't work. It doesn't work at all. So what's the right command? There has to be a command.

GrimaceKA, Aug 16, 2020
  3. What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to opening App volume and device preferences using URI command on your PC.

Based on my research, the URI command to open App volume and device preferences was introduced from Windows 10 1903 version, and therefore the command won’t work on older version of Windows 10.

It looks like you are using an older version of Windows 10, I would suggest you to update to latest version of Windows 10, and then you should be able to use the URI command.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

What is the URI command to open master volume?

Thema:

What is the URI command to open master volume?

1. What is the URI command to open master volume? - Similar Threads - URI command open

2. Master Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Master Volume Control not working: Greetings everyone. I just upgraded to the new windows 11 recently on my HP laptop.As most laptops, we have multimedia keys as part of the keyboard. This controls the system volume. please correct me if I'm wrong, but on my last version of windows when the master volume is at...
  3. Master Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master Volume Control not working: Greetings everyone. I just upgraded to the new windows 11 recently on my HP laptop.As most laptops, we have multimedia keys as part of the keyboard. This controls the system volume. please correct me if I'm wrong, but on my last version of windows when the master volume is at...
  4. Master Volume not working

Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  5. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  6. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. URI Commands to open Microsoft Store apps in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    URI Commands to open Microsoft Store apps in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]On Windows 11/10 computers, you have commands called URIs. URIs are short for Unique Resource Identifiers and help to make it easy for us to use and access Microsoft Store applications on Windows 10. In this article, we have compiled a list of the most commonly used...
  8. Quick assist URI command

Quick assist URI command: Hi guys Does anyone know the URI command for Quick Assist application on Win10? 179085
  9. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  10. What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the URI command to open "App volume and device preferences" in Settings?: For example, ms-settings:sound, opens "Sound". ms-settings:display opens "Display". There are many such URI commands. I want to create a shortcut which will open the "App volume and device preferences" page. Every forum I've looked at so far listsms-settings:apps-volume as...