Windows 10: What is the User Profile Service and why does it take so long to load?

Discus and support What is the User Profile Service and why does it take so long to load? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I saw this posted 9 months ago but without a real answer. Whenever I log into my computer, I have to wait between 5 minutes and 1 hour for the user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bongo50, Mar 5, 2021.

1. What is the User Profile Service and why does it take so long to load?

I saw this posted 9 months ago but without a real answer.

Whenever I log into my computer, I have to wait between 5 minutes and 1 hour for the user profile service to load. All I can see online is how to fix the user profile service failed the logon error message, which is not what I'm getting. I've had this problem for years now but I've only just thought that I should try and do something about it. Therefore, I'm asking what the user profile service is, can it/is it safe to be disabled, and if so how can I disable it and would that solve the problem? Any information would be extremely appreciated.

My computer is a LENOVO™ ideapad™ 310 (listed as an ideapad 310-15ABR in the about page in settings) which is running Windows 10 Home version 1909 build 18363.1379.

submitted by /u/Bongo50
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bongo50, Mar 5, 2021

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Mar 5, 2021
  3. VinceB Win User
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Mar 5, 2021
  4. What is the User Profile Service and why does it take so long to load?

new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

What is the User Profile Service and why does it take so long to load?

1. What is the User Profile Service and why does it take so long to load? - Similar Threads - User Profile Service

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  6. Why is the weather taking so long to load?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the weather taking so long to load?: Why is the weather taking so long to load? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-weather-taking-so-long-to-load/b385727d-d338-4d92-8bfb-aa555fd02704
  7. Why does it take so long to update?

Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...
  8. Why does install an update take so long

Why does install an update take so long: On my HP running Windows 10 1903 said I had to restart. I did now it is telling me not to turn off since it is working on updates. It has been at 19% for 1 hours. What is going on? I am on metering wifi and told it not to update. It changes things on its own. I didn't...
  9. Why does Forza Horizon 4 take so long to load now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 take so long to load now?: My game is currently taking 1:10 to get to the menu, 1:00 to load the option to continue and 40s to load the actual game. What the hell is going on with this game? It looks like the more I progress in the game, the longer it takes to load, it used to be super quick in the...
  10. Why does startup take so long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does startup take so long?: After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify...