Windows 10: What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!!

Discus and support What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could someone please explain to me what this folder is in my C-drive? Its enormous and might well be the reason I couldn't SHRINK the partition down as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pmp, Dec 4, 2015.

1. PMP
    pmp Win User

What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!!

Could someone please explain to me what this folder is in my C-drive? Its enormous and might well be the reason I couldn't SHRINK the partition down as much as I would have liked! ( I am just rebuilding a new pc system after my pc totally died).
    I trawled the Web and found nothing, and I am worried it might be indicating a temperature problem with my C-drive which I would like to know before my return period of this new pc (Surface Book) runs out.
    The files are predominantly about 3MB each; and seems to be at varying intervals (date modified) of just a few minutes; and all seem to be during a 3 day period.... a few days ago. Ultimately I would like to delete them but it is not hurting me at the moment so I have left as is!
    Example of a file name = 00ac45b4-d96b-473f-adf6-636b7211790d
    Many thanks, Peter

:)

2. 7thSense Win User

What is firmware, mine is apparently incorrect

This is a forum for Windows Phone. Find a forum for iPhone to ask your question. One example:

iPhone - Apple Community

7thSense, Dec 4, 2015
  3. What is firmware, mine is apparently incorrect

When updating my version 5.1 iphone via my computer. After apparently downloading the update, an error message appears. Firmware incorrect or our of date. What does this mean and what do I do to fix my firmware so my Iphone can be updated.

JudiLawler, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!!

1. What is the ".WDtemp' folder? Mine is 50GB!! - Similar Threads - WDtemp' folder Mine

2. What is this large folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this large folder?: I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages What's the purpose of that folder? 132688
  3. What is the lib folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the lib folder?: Hi, I just noticed a folder called "lib" in Program Files (x86). Is this folder a win 10 thing? What does it do? Thanks, Ed 121133
  4. Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted Admin Account (Mine): A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my screen went completely dark. The same thing happened to another password protected account, but my wife's non admin account...
  5. What's the gallery folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the gallery folder?: I'm using Open Office by Apache and it has an option for exporting documents as PDF files. They used to go to my documents folder, but yesterday I exported one and couldn't find it. Somehow finally found it in the Gallery....looks like some kind of netherworld with all kinds...
  6. Over 50GB of Temp Files in AppData Subfolder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Over 50GB of Temp Files in AppData Subfolder: I have over 50 GB of folders and files in the following directory: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp Can those files be removed? I was wondering where all my space was going... prior to upgrading to Windows 10, I had 135-140GB free out of 240GB, when I upgraded to Windows...
  7. What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!).

in Windows 10 Support
    What is folder .WDTemp ? (its 45 GB on my new installed WIN 10!!!).: Can someone please explain what on earth this folder is in my WIN10 root and if I can delete it? I received a new pc (Surface Book) and after updating it I tried to SHRINK the single very large disk to allow me to reinstall my Insider partition but it would not shrink as much...
  8. What is the folder CustomDestinations?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the folder CustomDestinations?: My recent documents folder contains a mystery folder named CustomDestinations. The files are variable size, in the low kB range. The filenames are undecipherable as far as I can see. Here is a typical one: 5afe4de1b92fc382.customDestinations-ms Clicking Open With is not...
  9. What is the OneDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the OneDrive folder?: I see a folder titled OneDrive in Windows Explorer and I'm not sure how it works exactly. Can someone explain? 39620
  10. What is This CISCO Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is This CISCO Folder?: I noticed a folder CISCO containing the folders shown in the screenshot in my Program Files (x86). What are these files for since I can't locate a matching installed program? [img] 86244

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdtemp folder

2. WDTemp

3. can i delete files in .wdtemp folder

4. .wdtemp folder,
  5. .wdtemp maintenance,
  6. wdtemp is huge,
  7. .wdtemp,
  8. what is .wdtemp