Windows 10: What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10?

Discus and support What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Noticed a folder on my C:\ drive named windows.abc - it's 20gb in size. Is this different from the Windows folder? Is it necessary?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveDwyer113, Sep 26, 2019.

1. What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10?

Noticed a folder on my C:\ drive named windows.abc - it's 20gb in size. Is this different from the Windows folder? Is it necessary? What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10? 5a3c946e-a7e8-457c-991a-b6401915a63d?upload=true.jpg

:)

SteveDwyer113, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10?

1. What is the windows.abc folder on the C:\ drive in Win10? - Similar Threads - abc folder drive

2. What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?: My laptop has these weird chinese folders inside C drive. Inside are these zip files. Anyone has any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-these-chinese-folders-in-my-c-drive/d777ad74-39d7-4ae6-9017-2350f917586d
  3. What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?: My laptop has these weird chinese folders inside C drive. Inside are these zip files. Anyone has any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-these-chinese-folders-in-my-c-drive/d777ad74-39d7-4ae6-9017-2350f917586d
  4. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?: I have a 3-month old rebuilt windows 10 desktop previous m/b failed, so replaced it, the cpu, RAM and the C drive with SSD that is showing a number of inaccessible folders in the C drive. Screenshot of this view, with hidden files shown option ticked, here:Every folder in the...
  5. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?: I have a 3-month old rebuilt windows 10 desktop previous m/b failed, so replaced it, the cpu, RAM and the C drive with SSD that is showing a number of inaccessible folders in the C drive. Screenshot of this view, with hidden files shown option ticked, here:Every folder in the...
  6. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

7. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  8. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  9. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

10. What is WINSSlog folder in C:\ drive?

What is WINSSlog folder in C:\ drive?: I have a folder named WINSSLog in my C:\ drive that contains various text documents. Can you tell me what it is and whether or not it is safe to keep? I've haven't been able to find answers anywhere else. - Location - [ATTACH] - Contents - [ATTACH]...