Windows 10: what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10)

Discus and support what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The right click compression works well and the zip file is great - but I need to know what the software is that creates this? Is it WinZip? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nick_edwards_consulting, Nov 9, 2018.

1. what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10)

The right click compression works well and the zip file is great - but I need to know what the software is that creates this?

Is it WinZip?

thanks

:)

nick_edwards_consulting, Nov 9, 2018
  2. HansV MVP Win User

ZIPping files

Windows can zip a file (or multiple files) without needing extra software.

• Select the files you want.
    • Right-click any one of the selected files.
    • Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu.
    • If you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, you can also click Zip on the
      Share tab of the ribbon.

HansV MVP, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 9, 2018
  4. what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10)

7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10)

1. what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - zip software right

2. Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error: I fairly often make zip files that upload to OneDrive thereby allowing me to create a download Share link through the right-click context menu of the compressed zip file.For some reason, I just started getting this error, which is remarkably lacking in helpful...
  3. Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error: I fairly often make zip files that upload to OneDrive thereby allowing me to create a download Share link through the right-click context menu of the compressed zip file.For some reason, I just started getting this error, which is remarkably lacking in helpful...
  4. Right-click on compressed zip folder gets error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is "Acresso Software Manager"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is "Acresso Software Manager"?: My HP laptop has been acting strange lately; It takes a while to start programs. I've checked the task manager and notice this "Acresso Software Manager" running. Is this a virus?I will appreciate your feedback,...
  6. Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...: Hello Microsoft team, I am having a major issue I would like to submit a file for "malware analysis" to Microsoft however the IRM controls are blocking me from adding that specific infected file into a zip file, or moving it for submission to Windows defender. Take note...
  7. Right-click, copy & paste, delete a .zip file crashes the file explorer.

Right-click, copy & paste, delete a .zip file crashes the file explorer.: Whenever I try to do something to the .zip file, like right click, control+c to copy it, or delete it, or double left click on it, the file explore will just closes itself and reboot. What should I do with it? Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!...
  8. When right-clicking on a Zip file, 'Extract All' option does not exist

When right-clicking on a Zip file, 'Extract All' option does not exist: I have the very latest Windows 10 Pro version 2404. When right-clicking on a Zip file, the "Extract All" option does not exist. Why? Did the latest Windows update remove this? I also noticed that in Windows Explorer, when I left-click just once on the file, the very top of...
  9. Right click == Blue circle (first on zip files now on all directories)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click == Blue circle (first on zip files now on all directories): Hi everyone- When right clicking on a zip folder to extract files, i am getting a blue circle that is only cured by restarting windows explorer. I have tried to clear out the regedit and a couple of workarounds i found online, but nothing has seemed to work. Please help....
  10. File manager right click

File manager right click: When I right-click on a folder on the left side of the file manager, it crashes not only the file manager itself but also the taskbar. This has been like this for a long time, are there any plans to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winzip is no longer in my right click