Windows 10: what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10)

Discus and support what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The right click compression works well and the zip file is great - but I need to know what the software is that creates this? Is it WinZip? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nick_edwards_consulting, Nov 9, 2018.

1. nick_edwards_consulting Win User

what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10)

The right click compression works well and the zip file is great - but I need to know what the software is that creates this?

Is it WinZip?

thanks

:)

nick_edwards_consulting, Nov 9, 2018
  2. HansV MVP Win User

ZIPping files

Windows can zip a file (or multiple files) without needing extra software.

• Select the files you want.
    • Right-click any one of the selected files.
    • Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu.
    • If you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, you can also click Zip on the
      Share tab of the ribbon.

HansV MVP, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Static~Charge Win User

7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. what is the zip software on the right click in file manager (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - zip software right

2. zip file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip file: how do I open a zip file that has been saved in notepad to actual text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/zip-file/ea1a4518-73ad-4975-8639-d9bbe2b4f5e7
  3. What's This 'Click to Run' File?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's This 'Click to Run' File?: Any idea what this file is taking about 2GB space? [img] 117743
  4. Unable to right click on pictures or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  5. File manager application software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager application software: Windows default file manager application has some limitations. I'm looking for a free file manager application which will have the features of the default file explorer as well as the following - Total size (currently it is available by right clicking the folder) will be...
  6. Right click on desktop or files not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on desktop or files not working: Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore... 6428
  7. Right-clicking File Explorer windows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking File Explorer windows in Taskbar: I'm not sure what caused this problem but it seemed to appear somewhat suddenly a few weeks back or so. Whenever I right-click a file explorer window (i.e. This PC, Downloads etc.) on the taskbar, I no longer get the option to Close window. The only things that appear when...
  8. right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file

in Windows 10 Support
    right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file: Hey so When I move a file, and then click right another file, the right click menu will cancel, and I'll have to right click the file again. Is there any way to solve this? 94596
  9. Zip a File or Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Zip a File or Folder in Windows 10: Great tut Gav! I never knew about using the Ctrl and shift keys to select, so thanks!!*Thumbs 8146
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170