Windows 10: What is this and how do I get rid of it (Windows 10 Pro, NOT running in S mode)

Discus and support What is this and how do I get rid of it (Windows 10 Pro, NOT running in S mode) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheTaquitoverlord [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheTaquitoverlord, Aug 4, 2020.

1. What is this and how do I get rid of it (Windows 10 Pro, NOT running in S mode)

/u/TheTaquitoverlord, Aug 4, 2020

2. Trying to get rid of Windows 10 S mode

I am trying to get rid of S mode it sucks. When I go through the steps and click the get in the store I get a pop up saying there is an issue on our end

AdamMcPherson, Aug 4, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Enable S mode in Windows 10  

Ok - when time permits, I will have a crack but not at the moment.

As a suggestion, perhaps a guide subsection in the tutorials section mihht be useful i.e. guides like this that are easy enough to follow but assume sone experience?

I have written a couple of guides that people here have happily followed but they do not have every click e.g. I might say "use fix wondows boot problems"using Macrium Reflect, rather than showing every click, putting a reference to the MR Tutorial.

I could video every step and create a video more easily I suppose.

cereberus, Aug 4, 2020
  4. ToongGee Win User

What is this and how do I get rid of it (Windows 10 Pro, NOT running in S mode)

Windows 10 S Mode

Unable to update Intel Video Driver because my Windows 10 pro in S mode. However, when I searched for an application to fix, windows reported I wasn't in S mode. How do I know whether or not my Windows 10 is in S mode? Following directions, I went
    to the Microsoft Store to look for a fix, but it said I was in the wrong store(?).... I never asked for S mode...how do I get rid of this barrier?

ToongGee, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

What is this and how do I get rid of it (Windows 10 Pro, NOT running in S mode)

1. What is this and how do I get rid of it (Windows 10 Pro, NOT running in S mode) - Similar Threads - rid Pro running

2. what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?: hi, so i just got this new laptop i tried to download some games and found out about s mode and it says "s mode switch with a genuine license for this pc" i pressed get and it gives me the same message. "something happened and we couldnt start the upgrade" this is a brand new...
  3. what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?: hi, so i just got this new laptop i tried to download some games and found out about s mode and it says "s mode switch with a genuine license for this pc" i pressed get and it gives me the same message. "something happened and we couldnt start the upgrade" this is a brand new...
  4. what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting rid S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting rid S Mode: How to get rid of The S Mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-s-mode/67c35e33-f30a-44c7-be1a-19f897e565c5
  6. How do i get rid of flight mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get rid of flight mode?: How do I get rid of flight mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-flight-mode/02471e43-0a32-4794-a040-99ad7f65c497
  7. Trying to get rid of Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get rid of Windows 10 S mode: I am trying to get rid of S mode it sucks. When I go through the steps and click the get in the store I get a pop up saying there is an issue on our end...
  8. Need to get rid of S mode!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to get rid of S mode!!!: Alright.. so.. I am about to LOSE it. I have been at this for about 2-3 hours, and on hold with Microsoft for the last 40 minutes. I am trying to get rid of S mode, on a BRAND NEW COMPUTER.. NOT WORKING. I downloaded a program I need to run my CNC machine, and it will not...
  9. what is this and how do i get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is this and how do i get rid of it.: how do i uninstall this? https://twitter.com/KidozyGAME/status/1184926861551382530/photo/1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-and-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/f8214419-e8c6-49f2-9b90-b7ac466a3fcc
  10. What is this "feature" and how do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this "feature" and how do I get rid of it?: I just rebooted my computer (updated to W10 about 2 weeks ago), and now all of the sudden it wants me to enter a password, for some kind of Microsoft account – this is before I can get to my desktop. They do cleverly tell you how to reset the password at live.com, and I do...