Windows 10: What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?

Discus and support What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I've had a problem where this window continues to open and close itself. I cannot find the file that it's named, I can't find where it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C. E.1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. C. E.1 Win User

What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?

Recently I've had a problem where this window continues to open and close itself. I cannot find the file that it's named, I can't find where it came from, I can't even keep it open long enough to use a program that would otherwise trace it. This is extremely disruptive, at times it will cause me to have to close what I'm working on and open it again just to continue typing. I'm using Windows 11. I have tried running malware scans, I've tried finding the file myself, uninstalling and reinstalling Terminal. It feels like I'm looking at a factory reset.

:)

C. E.1, Jun 7, 2023

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 7, 2023
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. JaceYT Win User

Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't show up even when looking for hidden files. It has a random name which is just random characters and sometimes it stays on long enough for me to see it says something like .NET Framework. This is an annoying issue as I haven't been able to use Fullscreen for things like games because it closes it once it opens. I have ran multiple full scans with windows defender and malwarebytes to no result. I have tried to screenshot it but it closes too quick.

JaceYT, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

1. What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random? - Similar Threads - why does keep

2. What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this, and why does it keep opening and closing itself at random?: Recently I've had a problem where this window continues to open and close itself. I cannot find the file that it's named, I can't find where it came from, I can't even keep it open long enough to use a program that would otherwise trace it. This is extremely disruptive, at...
  3. Why does teams keep reinstalling itself?

Why does teams keep reinstalling itself?: It's my computer not yours. This is why people hate microsoft, they just sell your data to advertising. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-teams-keep-reinstalling-itself/b7714d58-0e5b-44ac-9f16-85608c405a84
  4. Why does teams keep reinstalling itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does teams keep reinstalling itself?: It's my computer not yours. This is why people hate microsoft, they just sell your data to advertising. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-teams-keep-reinstalling-itself/b7714d58-0e5b-44ac-9f16-85608c405a84
  5. Why does steam setup close itself

Why does steam setup close itself: So i deleted steam some time ago and tryed to re install it now, but when the setup opens it closes itself a second later, not even progressing quickly works, what should i do?...
  6. Why does steam setup close itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does steam setup close itself: So i deleted steam some time ago and tryed to re install it now, but when the setup opens it closes itself a second later, not even progressing quickly works, what should i do?...
  7. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  8. Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly: This happened after i tried to install something by opening a patch exe file. The installment itself did not work because the patch file turned out can't be opened. I know shame of me for doing this but please do help. Other than this, nothing really happens, so i dont think...
  9. Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly: This happened after i tried to install something by opening a patch exe file. The installment itself did not work because the patch file turned out can't be opened. I know shame of me for doing this but please do help. Other than this, nothing really happens, so i dont...
  10. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.: drive drawer opens and closes by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-drawer-keeps-opening-and-closing-by/11decdf9-8291-428a-b97e-efba2a223793