Windows 10: What is this? Boot Manager identification please?

Discus and support What is this? Boot Manager identification please? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is this? Amazon Drive I mean, I know WHAT it is, I just don't know how it got on my system: Around EOY 2015, I purchased this new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GMAK1520, Jan 16, 2019.

1. GMAK1520 Win User

What is this? Boot Manager identification please?

What is this?
    Amazon Drive

I mean, I know WHAT it is, I just don't know
    how it got on my system:

Around EOY 2015, I purchased this new
    computer replacement. It's had this boot
    manager in place since purchase. But. I'-
    ve never really needed to use it, much.

Now, I do have a need, and what I want
    to know is:

1. Specifically(identify supplier) what is
    this boot manager known by.
    Did the desktop manfacturer/
    retailer activate/install this pr-
    oduct?

2. Any other information supplied that I
    might need to acquire a copy,
    to install on a companion lap-
    top.

I just can't remember all these different
    boot interruption key patterns any more,
    and don't want to dig for them when ne-
    eded. That's all.

Thanks.

:)

GMAK1520, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 16, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 16, 2019
  4. adj592 Win User

No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

I thought I'd just post a little guide.

This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

adj592, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. What is this? Boot Manager identification please? - Similar Threads - Boot Manager identification

2. Scam identification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam identification: Hello, Dear MicrosoftDo you have a technician ID# mst241681, Jacob Brown?On Thrusday, Aug.31st my computer was suddenly blocked when I tried to download a book pdf online and it told me my computer was attacked by hacker. Following the instruction I called the microsoft...
  3. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  4. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  5. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Device Identification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Identification: How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-identification/8aeeca73-41ad-49c9-b3ec-0991bc084b62
  7. Monitor Identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Identification: There is this thing with NVIDEA Shadowplay where it captures the last few minutes of your desktop or game. I have two monitors but my color management always identifies the monitors wrong. I go into regedit to delete two folders that is the problem for the wrong...
  8. Controller Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Identification: I recently bought an Xbox Wireless Controller for my Windows 10 PC, the new one with the share button. When I use it with Bluetooth, It is correctly identified as an Xbox controller. However, when I plug it in with a USB cable, it is identified as just "controller" and...
  9. identification changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    identification changes: I have changed a phone number that I have registered with Microsoft and or windows, and or outlook. where do I go to update those registrations Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identification-changes/0ff97a2b-f70f-4062-a5d4-9d34d87e9b10
  10. Identifing Keylogger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identifing Keylogger: 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built. 4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or...