Windows 10: What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.

Discus and support What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A day or two ago the below chime started going off seemingly randomly (about every 20-100 minutes). I don't recall ever hearing it before and can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hidden_raptor, Jan 11, 2020.

1. What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.

A day or two ago the below chime started going off seemingly randomly (about every 20-100 minutes). I don't recall ever hearing it before and can't figure out where it is from. I've got a mute extension on my browser so it's unlikely it's some hidden browser tab or something like that.

Also, the noise is much louder than anything else on my computer, as if it is ignoring the fact that I have my speakers set at 25% in windows.

https://voca.ro/7m8LiWUtfeM

p.s. The extra audio behind the chime is just something I was watching while leaving recording software running in the background since I don't know when the next chime will come.

submitted by /u/hidden_raptor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hidden_raptor, Jan 11, 2020
  2. fatman74 Win User

x6 making a chiming noise randomly

hi folks,

anyone know why or had experiance of their x6 making a chiming noise every now and again,

theres no set pattern and it happens round the clock ( its managed to wake me twice now)

phone is set to silent and have looked for any alerts or tone setting and cant see anything,

only way i can get it to stop is to turn it off which is annoying as i need it on for my job/work ( permenently on call for recovery work) only got the phone as its easier to carry around than a sat nav

fatman74, Jan 11, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    chime

Please try this, open Device Manager and leave it open where you can see it. When you hear the chime, does the list of devices in device manager refresh (flicker)?

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Heize Win User

What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.

Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise

Thank you for your help. I ran the tests you told me to. Could you help me read what these numbers mean and what the root cause could be?

What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer. [​IMG]

Heize, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.

1. What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer. - Similar Threads - chime noise keep

2. when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...: when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to do to get it to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-the-computer-into-the-printer-you-hear/34f3e2df-9f09-4d87-b59d-daf2eeb1fb0c
  3. when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...: when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to do to get it to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-the-computer-into-the-printer-you-hear/34f3e2df-9f09-4d87-b59d-daf2eeb1fb0c
  4. when i plug the computer into the printer you hear a ding noise they are connected. what to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.: Why is my computer chiming every time that I log on to any computer with my windows ID - I have logged on to multiple computers from multiple locations. It does not happen when someone else is logged on to the computer, only myself. It does not matter what computer I log on...
  6. Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.: Why is my computer chiming every time that I log on to any computer with my windows ID - I have logged on to multiple computers from multiple locations. It does not happen when someone else is logged on to the computer, only myself. It does not matter what computer I log on...
  7. Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Random chiming noise ever once and a while

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random chiming noise ever once and a while: Hello I have recently been having a issue where I hear a chiming noise ever 5 or so minutes. I have tried searching for viruses on my computer I have tried to look for any thing sketchy on my task manager but I found nothing. Anyone know how I can figure out where this sound...
  9. I keep hearing a chime sound at certain intervals

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep hearing a chime sound at certain intervals: I've tried running DISM and sfc /scannow to check for corruption but everything is fine. I've also tried disabling notification sounds in case the sound is coming from an application but it didn't work. I've tried troubleshooting the Playing Audio but there was no issues...
  10. Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10: When I log off my desktop computer that is running Windows 10, it will keep making a chiming noise like one you would here when you plug a cell phone in to charge. It is like it is warning me of something, but there is nothing open....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is making a chime sound