Windows 10: What is this connector on my HDD ?

Discus and support What is this connector on my HDD ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all *Smile, I've recently bought a P300 Toshiba internal hard drive (3 To capacity). I'm running Windows 10. All is well, except that there's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bourgeoisbonobo, Jun 9, 2020.

1. What is this connector on my HDD ?

Hello all *Smile,

I've recently bought a P300 Toshiba internal hard drive (3 To capacity). I'm running Windows 10.

All is well, except that there's a connector on it that I can't figure the type of, in addition to 2 common SATA connectors. Maybe someone could tell me what it is ? I've outlined it in red in the image below.

Cheers.

:)

Bourgeoisbonobo, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 16, 2020
  4. What is this connector on my HDD ?

What is App Connector...?

Right, you might not be a developer but at some point you might use a 3rd party UWP App.

The UWP Skype App needs access to your camera and your microphone ... while not a 3rd party App, Skype might not have access to those without App Connector - not sure, just an example.

The Google App (Ok Google) needs to access your microphone.

Instead of everyone writing their own access, getting permissions, etc, their Apps ask the App Connector to service their requests.

This approach is nothing new to Android users, when an Android App gets installed, it lists the permissions it requires. You either accept them or cancel the install. Most people accept and install the App. MS might be trying to get past that one install step by granting the permissions to the App Connector. The permissions are listed on the App page in the Store - nothing nefarious, just eliminating a step.

Keep in mind - this is all conjecture on my part - no hard evidence did I find *Wink

Slartybart, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

What is this connector on my HDD ?

1. What is this connector on my HDD ? - Similar Threads - connector HDD

2. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?: Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my Ethernet some options are just not there or just greyed out. I was wondering if replacing my connect with a different one would do...
  3. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?: Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my Ethernet some options are just not there or just greyed out. I was wondering if replacing my connect with a different one would do...
  4. computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu

computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu: Likely at faultFaulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xbf79d152Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff349Faulting process id:...
  5. computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu: Likely at faultFaulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xbf79d152Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff349Faulting process id:...
  6. Why did the battery connector inside the laptop partially unplug by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the battery connector inside the laptop partially unplug by itself?: I was having a problem with my laptop, whenever I unplugged the charger it shuts down so I opened it and the battery connector was partially unplugged. Why did this happen and how can I avoid something like this from happening again....
  7. Why did the battery connector inside the laptop partially unplug by itself?

Why did the battery connector inside the laptop partially unplug by itself?: I was having a problem with my laptop, whenever I unplugged the charger it shuts down so I opened it and the battery connector was partially unplugged. Why did this happen and how can I avoid something like this from happening again....
  8. Sending streaming content to my HDMI connector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending streaming content to my HDMI connector: OK, over the years I have tried to get this to work and have given up when I can't get it to work. It seems like a simple request, but, I can't seem to find a way to make this work. So, now I will ask for your genius help for my simple request.I have Windows 11 with a GEForce...
  9. Sending streaming content to my HDMI connector

Sending streaming content to my HDMI connector: OK, over the years I have tried to get this to work and have given up when I can't get it to work. It seems like a simple request, but, I can't seem to find a way to make this work. So, now I will ask for your genius help for my simple request.I have Windows 11 with a GEForce...
  10. Not able to login to Salesforce app through excel connector

Not able to login to Salesforce app through excel connector: Logging the ticket on windows product line after confirm the root cause of the issue is on my my windows local machine settings. I have 2 domains registered on my laptop with primary as "Microsoft" and secondary as "Customerx" domain. Both the domain authentications are done...