Windows 10: What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

Discus and support What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hyperman500 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hyperman500, Feb 18, 2021.

1. What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

/u/hyperman500, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Get rid of right half of start menu

Right click on and unpin all the tiles.
    The Menu will collapse itself after it closes.

Edwin, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Get rid of right half of start menu

Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10 style touch apps. How do I get rid of that right part?

Problem in my googling is that I don't know what it's called. Closest thing I've found is unpinning individual windows- that's not what I want. I just want to get rid of that whole right part.

kneehowguys, Feb 18, 2021
  4. What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

1. What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it - Similar Threads - covering half search

2. How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?: I can't find any solutions on the internet about this problem. Oh and also I tried inserting a screenshot but it failed to upload. The ads I'm talking about are those that appear when you press the search button, like the trending searches and "games for you", etc. How do I...
  3. How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?: I can't find any solutions on the internet about this problem. Oh and also I tried inserting a screenshot but it failed to upload. The ads I'm talking about are those that appear when you press the search button, like the trending searches and "games for you", etc. How do I...
  4. how do i get rid of my page which goes half and half half of page

how do i get rid of my page which goes half and half half of page: help me get my page clear it is half black and half white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-my-page-which-goes-half-and/96cc54e2-2516-4b81-802a-8cc8994c541e
  5. how do i get rid of my page which goes half and half half of page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get rid of my page which goes half and half half of page: help me get my page clear it is half black and half white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-my-page-which-goes-half-and/96cc54e2-2516-4b81-802a-8cc8994c541e
  6. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  7. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  8. what is this and how do i get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is this and how do i get rid of it.: how do i uninstall this? https://twitter.com/KidozyGAME/status/1184926861551382530/photo/1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-and-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/f8214419-e8c6-49f2-9b90-b7ac466a3fcc
  9. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

in Cortana
    Half of the Cortana Search is covered.: When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens?[ATTACH]...
  10. Get rid of right half of start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of right half of start menu: Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10 style touch apps. How do I get rid of that right part? Problem in my googling is that I don't know what it's called. Closest...