Windows 10: What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN...

Discus and support What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Cleaning up and tweaking my window 10 box I stumbled upon MessagingService_44867, and then a number of other services (whose descriptions were... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AaronBatman, Dec 5, 2018.

1. What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN...

Cleaning up and tweaking my window 10 box I stumbled upon MessagingService_44867, and then a number of other services (whose descriptions were uncomfortably vague) with _44867 at the end and all of them are initialized through svchost.exe so I cant remove these random unexplained un requested files/spyware/bloatware/plain old BS.

• For the MessagingService_44867 the properties provide: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup

Now, I was the first kid I knew to have a computer and have been in this game a while. So I am used to this absolutely rational concept which is now alien to modern thinking that *if you BUY something, it is YOURS. If it is yours, it is under YOUR control and you can delete the entire OS if you goddamn want to!* - so this era of enforced suspicious software makes me furious! If I pay for something no one has any right to control what I do. Like a hammer which only permits you to use it with a certain brand of nails would make people very angry but when applied to computing people lie down and accept it for some reason I will never, ever, understand.

But, my questions are:

1. What the H*** is UnistackSvcGroup
    2. Why are these services appended with this mysterious number? UID for my computer?
    3. Why the H*** cant I stop or delete these should I, the owner, choose to?
    4. This one is really creepy to me- why do these have an unnamed account and a password unavailable to me. Does some person or entity have a backdoor into my computer? Why does it have a password, seriously, wtf?

What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN... adc161eb-5edf-434d-a2ab-11c05d93fff7?upload=true.png

Can I please be told what this is if anyone knows, and how to get rid of this junk as the only info I can find about it involves text messaging (from my laptop? not interested) and other bundled communications. But again- why is there a password for MY communications? Arg - please what is this? Can I make it go away?

I'm a data analyst and programmer with hardware knowledge so I don't need it simplified, but I do need to understand WHAT these are, DO I need them, if not - HOW to get rid of them, or contact the people who forced their spyware/bloatware on me.

Thanks guys, sorry for being so bellicose, it has been a frustrating morning trying to clear my compu of the plethora of commercial advertising / data mining / behaviour analysis tools which are so brazenly placed on our hard drives while everyone focuses on their hair in Fortnite while their IRL rights fade away...…..

:)

AaronBatman, Dec 5, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 5, 2018
  3. What is: UnistackSvcGroup

Hello,

I'm running windows 10 Pro all patched out.

I noticed the following service and I don't know what it is.

Service Name: CDPUserSvc_4ec46

Process Name: CDPUserSvc_4ec46

Path to executable.

C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup

Thoughts?

Shane

<moved from Windows Insider Program>

ShaneBrasher, Dec 5, 2018
  4. M3cael Win User

What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN...

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN...

1. What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN... - Similar Threads - creepy UnistackSvcGroup number

2. my windows is creepy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows is creepy: i'm getting numerous errors when trying to install softwares, mfplat.dll is missing, the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, directx setup couldn't download the file, please try later or check network connections, i can't install filmora or movie maker, what...
  3. Creepy Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creepy Malwarebytes: I uninstalled Malwarebytes a few days ago, and suddenly the app popped out in the show hidden icons and the apps at the start menu, it creeps me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/creepy-malwarebytes/ac713dd5-a962-4b6f-bd29-f4e68bab243a
  4. Excessive Number of Processes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive Number of Processes: Hi. I understand that there have been several threads that deal with this subject but none that I've seen help. My laptop (specifically on my account) has become very slow, mainly in booting up. I have attempted to do all the normal things that people suggest to speed it up,...
  5. What are those nearly daily updates, I bet they are versions for the UnistackSvcGroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    What are those nearly daily updates, I bet they are versions for the UnistackSvcGroup: I have a cheap, low specs laptop. Maybe daily I see Windows Updates doing something, I suspect that they are installing new versions of system services under the UnistackSvcGroup. I believe UnistackSvcGroup services are used to test versions of system services or...
  6. number of background processes and windows processes?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    number of background processes and windows processes?: win10-64, Old core2duo 2GHz , 8G ram. 100 background processes and 150 windows processes after boot. When I click on google cpu use goes to 99%, task mgr shows 6 google tasks running. Any facebook video is buffery, any audio stream is buffery. Also seems odd to have 2 copies...
  7. The log in process

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The log in process: Hi Guys I have an HP 64 bit laptop, and each time i open up, I have to clear a print/screen type of landscape (very nice) then I have to enter a pin. I am the only person who uses laptop and has access to it, so can I remove need to log in. Also, if I leave it unattended...
  8. The log in process

in Windows 10 Support
    The log in process: Hi Guys I have an HP 64 bit laptop, and each time i open up, I have to clear a print/screen type of landscape (very nice) then I have to enter a pin. I am the only person who uses laptop and has access to it, so can I remove need to log in. Also, if I leave it unattended...
  9. UnistackSvcGroup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UnistackSvcGroup: Hardware: Dell Inspiron 2350, all-in-one, i7 core, 12GB RAM, 500GB SS disk + 2TB HD. OS: Windows 10, with latest updates as of 03-04-2020. Windows Push Notifications User Service, and related UnistackSvcGroup services, consume all available memory in most cases, 9+ GB to...
  10. Why is UnistackSVcGroup service running background ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is UnistackSVcGroup service running background ?: what is the purpose of UnistackSvcGroup service "PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_ Some number service ? Why it can't be disabled ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-unistacksvcgroup-service-running-background/a1b6eec9-3ff3-41d0-af03-fb430c314ebb"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unistacksvcgroup

2. unistacksvcgroup windows 10

3. unistack svc group

4. messagingservice unistack,
  5. unistacksvcgroup random sys,
  6. unistacksvcgroup windows 10 virus,
  7. unistacksvcgrp,
  8. what is unistacksvcgroup,
  9. unistack svc,
  10. messagingservice windows 10,
  11. unistacksvcgroup windows 10 service lock account,