Windows 10: What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop?

Discus and support What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As far as I know, I only have one drive installed on my laptop. I bought it brand new and it has another slot open which I have plans to add another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JerinIsac, Jan 21, 2020.

1. What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop?

As far as I know, I only have one drive installed on my laptop. I bought it brand new and it has another slot open which I have plans to add another M.2 in the future. The laptop I have is the MSI GS65, fyi. Recently I noticed that I'm about to run out of space on my main drive and that there is a Data (DWhat is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop? :) drive showing up under Devices and Drives. It this a partition made by the manufacturer? And can I store games and other files in the D drive?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot of Disk Management: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/v2YowSS

submitted by /u/JerinIsac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JerinIsac, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Bross76 Win User

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 21, 2020
  4. What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop?

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop?

1. What is this Data (D:) drive showing up on my laptop? - Similar Threads - Data drive showing

2. What is the use of the Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the use of the Data D: drive?: What is the use of the Data D: drive? My Windows C drive is now 9,49 GB free of 119GB and its red and I am worried about this as it keeps on changing to the lowest figure of 7,20 GB and yet my Data D is 340 GB free of 341 GB. Please assist in this regard. Thank you....
  3. What is the use of the Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the use of the Data D: drive?: What is the use of the Data D: drive? My Windows C drive is now 9,49 GB free of 119GB and its red and I am worried about this as it keeps on changing to the lowest figure of 7,20 GB and yet my Data D is 340 GB free of 341 GB. Please assist in this regard. Thank you....
  4. D: drive not showing up

D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  5. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  6. D:\ showing as a folder and Data D: showing as a Drive both have same contents

D:\ showing as a folder and Data D: showing as a Drive both have same contents: Hi, I transferred my documents to Data D: and that show as a drive on my Dell laptop, but those same files are showing as a Folder D:\. How do I safely get rid of the D:\ folder?...
  7. D:\ showing as a folder and Data D: showing as a Drive both have same contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:\ showing as a folder and Data D: showing as a Drive both have same contents: Hi, I transferred my documents to Data D: and that show as a drive on my Dell laptop, but those same files are showing as a Folder D:\. How do I safely get rid of the D:\ folder?...
  8. D: drive not show up in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive not show up in my pc: I reinstall my windows and before i reinstall i backup everything in the d: drive. When the windows boot up i go to the file explorer in i only see 1 drive. Then i go to the disk management but i see only the c: drive. Then i go to the device manager and there i see my second...
  9. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...
  10. D: hard drive is not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D: hard drive is not showing up: I have a laptop and my D: hard drive (1TB) is not showing up in the explorer nor device manager (I also try with diskpart but is not showing there either). device manager and diskpart Before this happened I was playing a videogame, but this crash because it could not load...