Windows 10: What is this error? I'm just moving a file

Discus and support What is this error? I'm just moving a file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Buhdumtssss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifhhic/what_is_this_error_im_just_moving_a_file/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buhdumtssss, Aug 23, 2020.

1. What is this error? I'm just moving a file

/u/Buhdumtssss, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Sihastru Win User

hard disk speed with file size question

Move a box of m&m's from one location to another. Now move them back, but this time one candy at a time. Does it take longer?

Of course the box is heavy and you'll have difficulties moving it, so your movement will be partially impared. A candy is easier to move, but you'll have to repeat a few complex steps to move just one. And you have a whole bunch of them to move. So you'll repeat the same steps over and over again.

Unless you get hungry and eat a few, then the OS will give you an IO error.

Sihastru, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when deleting/moving a video file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you are trying to delete or move some video files, you get an error, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know if the issue occurs while deleting/moving any other file.

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Close all background applications

We would suggest you to check if the file that you are trying to delete/move is open in background. If the file is open, close the file and then try deleting/moving it.

Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open
    Task Manager and look for the applications that you are not using while deleting/moving the file. Right click on them and select
    End Task.

Method 2: Turn off File preview in File Explorer

We can try turning off File preview in File Explorer and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Click on View tab.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    5. Click on OK.

Method 3: Safe Mode

If Turning off File preview doesn’t help, I would suggest you to boot the computer into Safe Mode and check if you are able to delete/move the file. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

What is this error? I'm just moving a file

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! What is this error? I'm just moving a file :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile What is this error? I'm just moving a file :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile What is this error? I'm just moving a file :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile What is this error? I'm just moving a file :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile What is this error? I'm just moving a file :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin What is this error? I'm just moving a file :D

Tenforo, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

What is this error? I'm just moving a file

1. What is this error? I'm just moving a file - Similar Threads - error I'm moving

2. what file folder does powershell belong? it's been moved and causing errors. the file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what file folder does powershell belong? it's been moved and causing errors. the file...: what file folder does powershell belong in? it's been moved and causing errors. the file folder is named v1.0 thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-file-folder-does-powershell-belong-its-been/0ce4850b-374d-4a9a-a009-26d663fa9fbc
  3. what file folder does powershell belong? it's been moved and causing errors. the file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what file folder does powershell belong? it's been moved and causing errors. the file...: what file folder does powershell belong in? it's been moved and causing errors. the file folder is named v1.0 thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-file-folder-does-powershell-belong-its-been/0ce4850b-374d-4a9a-a009-26d663fa9fbc
  4. what file folder does powershell belong? it's been moved and causing errors. the file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items: I am trying to move some folders and files from the source to the destination folder on the same drive.First, I tried dragging-n-dropping, but I found that while the folders and files were copied to the destination folder, they were still in the source folder. Next, I tried...
  6. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items: I am trying to move some folders and files from the source to the destination folder on the same drive.First, I tried dragging-n-dropping, but I found that while the folders and files were copied to the destination folder, they were still in the source folder. Next, I tried...
  7. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  8. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  9. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

10. What is this error I'm facing

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this error I'm facing: ERROR in settings[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-is-this-error-im-facing/1a15b068-616d-4777-be27-506185fe99dc