Windows 10: What is this file in AppData/Local?

Discus and support What is this file in AppData/Local? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is the interior of it as shown in inserted imagesFilename: is a bunch of random letters and numbers in lowercase, contains multiple JSON files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marcos Sanz Álvarez, Jun 8, 2023.

1. What is this file in AppData/Local?

This is the interior of it as shown in inserted imagesFilename: is a bunch of random letters and numbers in lowercase, contains multiple JSON files named "controls, userinterface" and such

:)

Marcos Sanz Álvarez, Jun 8, 2023

2. Event 202 File History Core- Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\File History\Cofiguration\Config

Hello Ron,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Have you lost any files?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

I suggest you to copy the event log error and send us the information to help you better.

Steps:

1. In the Search bar type Event Viewer and press
    Enter.

2. In the right side pane you get Windows logs and in that select
    application.

3. Please click on the specific error and right click on it and then select copy as text.

4. Go to the notepad and paste it.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Reselect the Backup Disk under File History Control Panel:

1. Turn it off in the File History control panel

2. Close the control panel

3. Go to your File History directory C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory and set aside the Data and Configuration directories (Check the event for the exact directory location)

4. Open File History Control Panel.

5. Reselect the backup disk and apply/save the changes.

Hope the above information is helpful. Reply with the necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2023
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 8, 2023
  4. What is this file in AppData/Local?

AppData/Local/Temp folder has deleted a file

Stupidly I have been working on a temporary CAD file in AppData/Local/Temp folder, not sure how it happened (power cut maybe) but it came up as the top file on my list of recent files and I just opened it worked on it a few days ago and saved it. Actually
    I must have done this several days in a row. Scroll forward to today and it still comes up on my file list but doesn't seem to actually exist anymore. I have tried a file search with no luck. Several days work lost it seems. Does this file still exist somewhere?
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Will

willbowden, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

What is this file in AppData/Local?

1. What is this file in AppData/Local? - Similar Threads - file AppData Local

2. Is the folder "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" located in the local file in appdata cause for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the folder "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" located in the local file in appdata cause for...: The folder contains some jpg photos from a couple of apps seemingly various sizes of logos for said apps. I noticed some new photos appeared once I opened the photos app for the first time on this PC I believe. I've seen some conflicting information on various forums, but...
  3. What is this file in AppData/Local?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this file in AppData/Local?: This is the interior of it as shown in inserted imagesFilename: is a bunch of random letters and numbers in lowercase, contains multiple JSON files named "controls, userinterface" and such...
  4. What is this file in AppData/Local?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this file in AppData/Local?: This is the interior of it as shown in inserted imagesFilename: is a bunch of random letters and numbers in lowercase, contains multiple JSON files named "controls, userinterface" and such...
  5. Missing File \AppData\local\Temp\zPhDc.vbs

Missing File \AppData\local\Temp\zPhDc.vbs: The windows script host message only appears when my laptop is plugged in. I am using an Asus VivoBook, windows 10. I don't know what the script is for but it is a pain in the butt. How do I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Missing file in appdata local temp folder

Missing file in appdata local temp folder: Hi, I keep getting pop error telling me that I'm missing a file in the local temp folder called JzQy.vbs. this started after I restarted my hp laptop. Everytime i delete this popup it just re-appears. Is there something I can do to fix this.[IMG]...
  7. What is this folder in AppData/Local?

What is this folder in AppData/Local?: Edited a picture in Windows, saw this folder in AppData that just contained images of the photos app. https://imgur.com/a/mAgZyYB some search results say this is a PUP or a virus but it literally only appeared after I edited a photo...
  8. SquirrelTemp in Appdata local

SquirrelTemp in Appdata local: Why is this folder in my appdata? is this a virus? basically i was searching for a document in win10 but i spelt in wrong and found squirrel instead. After a quick google i found out that squirrel is both a set of tools and a library, to completely manage both installation...
  9. Restoring local Appdata

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring local Appdata: I have just accidentally deleted some of my local appdata files. I wanted to only clear the temp folder, but me being me I have somehow forgotten to go into the temp folder. Will a system restore recover deleted files?...
  10. Access to Local AppData

Access to Local AppData: In short, I've developed an office add in that uses Local AppData folder to log (using Log4net) as well as produce dynamic dlls. Last year August I had our first incident of a user not being able to write to the AppData location. It seems to be an Access Denied issue. I...