Windows 10: What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...

Discus and support What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Some weeks ago, Windows Defender on my Windows 10 PC reported a threat as shown in the below screenshot. Now, on my PC, there remains the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KennethWong[HK], Jan 9, 2020.

1. What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...

Hello,

Some weeks ago, Windows Defender on my Windows 10 PC reported a threat as shown in the below screenshot.

Now, on my PC, there remains the folder: C:\Program Files x86\ASK, in which there is a file named "480707101.exe.config". I googled but couldn't find anything about either the "ASK" not ASK.com folder or the only file inside it. What could this folder be used for? Should I leave it or delete it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or... 095db23c-bc69-431b-9a00-9e40c98369a5?upload=true.jpg

:)

KennethWong[HK], Jan 9, 2020

2. Good alternative to Windows Defender on 8.1

Every time I open my Downloads folder, navigate to a subfolder in it, or what have you, Explorer takes an inordinate amount of time to load the folder. It's an often reported issue with Windows 8 and Defender.

Red_Machine, Jan 9, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...

1. What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or... - Similar Threads - folder previously reported

2. What should I do with all the folders that I created ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with all the folders that I created ?: I have a habit in creating folders so that will make it easy for me to sort every data and place it in its place before I get to move them to external drive permanently .So I create folders and name them such as pictures at pictures, videos at videos ,then subfolders such as...
  3. What should I do with all the folders that I created ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do with all the folders that I created ?: I have a habit in creating folders so that will make it easy for me to sort every data and place it in its place before I get to move them to external drive permanently .So I create folders and name them such as pictures at pictures, videos at videos ,then subfolders such as...
  4. Should I disable windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I disable windows defender?: I want to disable windows defender as it's taking around 14-15% of my CPU alone on idle. Is it ok if I disable windows defender even if I don't insert any pendrive in my PC and don't go to any shadey websites or even download anything?...
  5. Should I disable windows defender?

Should I disable windows defender?: I want to disable windows defender as it's taking around 14-15% of my CPU alone on idle. Is it ok if I disable windows defender even if I don't insert any pendrive in my PC and don't go to any shadey websites or even download anything?...
  6. Should I disable windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. What Does this Mean and What Should I do to Stay on Windows 11 Pro Previously i had Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Does this Mean and What Should I do to Stay on Windows 11 Pro Previously i had Windows...: Please Guide Me How to Stay on this OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-and-what-should-i-do-to-stay/1f9b2ecf-7ee2-4ae0-a156-224af3d7bf0a
  8. What Does this Mean and What Should I do to Stay on Windows 11 Pro Previously i had Windows...

What Does this Mean and What Should I do to Stay on Windows 11 Pro Previously i had Windows...: Please Guide Me How to Stay on this OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-and-what-should-i-do-to-stay/1f9b2ecf-7ee2-4ae0-a156-224af3d7bf0a
  9. Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CountryTaylorSwift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hryztu/are_these_all_the_files_that_should_be_in_the/
  10. Should I update or leave it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update or leave it: Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo OS - Windows 10 RS2 I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if any outdated driver can be updated. There it showed an update for Intel Chipset Device Software - Installed Version -...