Windows 10: What is this Ghost Drive?

Discus and support What is this Ghost Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A recent client has a mystery drive? (or folder)? Labeled : Ginger andDon (\\TOSHIBALAPTOP) (Z:) This is their system: (version 2004, build 19041.867)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Garyw, May 6, 2021.

1. Garyw Win User

What is this Ghost Drive?

A recent client has a mystery drive? (or folder)? Labeled : Ginger andDon (\\TOSHIBALAPTOP) (ZWhat is this Ghost Drive? :) This is their system: (version 2004, build 19041.867) The Z: drive doesnt show up in Drive Manager Nor does it show up as a folder in Folder Size. Note that C: and Z: are identical in size, so I expected to see a folder of at least of 53 Gb. Dont see that though. Speccy lables Z: as a virtual drive using 6.34 GB, but I dont see anything like Vboxor Hyper-V. Files on Z: function correctly even with internet not available. Is some app loading the User folder into ram at startup? I dont see anything instartup that would do that. Anybody know what Z: is, and where its hiding?

:)

Garyw, May 6, 2021

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, May 6, 2021
  3. candun Win User
    How do you remove a 'ghost' hard drive or the link to it?

My PC is running Windows 10, it does not have a 'Search' bar, so I went to, used Control Panel: Search?

Entered 'Troubleshooting' came up with 'Troubleshooting History' but not 'View All'?

Went to Hardware & Devices, lettered external 'ghost' hard drive was not listed amoung the external devices?

DMW

candun, May 6, 2021
  4. LR Rich Win User

Alternative for Symantec Ghost Norton

Norton no longer offers Symantec Ghost and I need to upload files from an external hard drive to new PC. Any suggestions?

LR Rich, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. What is this Ghost Drive? - Similar Threads - Ghost Drive

2. Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in: Windows 10 pro 19042.867 This issue is something that has been haunting me for some time now and just recently I discovered what could be the culprit. I came across this because of a videogame called osu!. Long story short, the game renders your cursor by itself ( so no...
  3. Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in device manager,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in device manager,...: This issue is something that has been haunting me for some time now and just recently I discovered what could be the culprit. I came across this because of a videogame called osu!. Long story short, the game renders your cursor by itself ( so no windows pointer or...
  4. How do I get rid of Ghost drive on letter E?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get rid of Ghost drive on letter E?: All advice given on forums does not work because command prompt and others do not list or show the disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-ghost-drive-on-letter-e/ae985921-5004-4668-ad28-9947c5c0840a
  5. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive: Hello, I just removed an old hard drive which had my iCloud folder. It left behind the directory to iCloud with no way of deleting it; here is what it looks like: [ATTACH] How can I get rid of this? It looks bad and any Windows action I try can't detect it as the drive is...
  6. One-drive ghost folder

One-drive ghost folder: I've had this issue with a ghost folder in my Onedrive. If I open onedrive on any of my computers that folder is not visible and cannot be accessed, but if I open the Onedrive app on my Android mobile I can see two duplicate folders: The proper one with all the files inside...
  7. Ghost programs left over from dead drive.

Ghost programs left over from dead drive.: So, I have my os and most important programs downloaded to my SSD, which would be my C drive. But, my spinner died D drive which had mostly games and junk on it. I've done some online research but I feel that this is a very specific and strange problem. So, when I go to apps...
  8. One drive ghost folder

One drive ghost folder: I have this one onedrive folder from an old institutional account which i removed from my computer and it doesn't want to go away. I even uninstalled one drive but the folder is still in the explorer and when i click on it it just gives me an error saying it's not available....
  9. Ghost Drive in W10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost Drive in W10.: Hi, I use winaero tweaker to hide a "ghost" drive (E:) that popped up after formatting my USB drive. It's doesn't show in diskpart (listvolume), not in disk management, not in any 3rd party tool (minitool partition, gui format, usbdeview, devicecleanup) and not in...
  10. Ghost Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Drive: A wireless network and a desktopDell 3847 with Windows 10 Pro and laptopAsus with Windows 10. Network in Explorer shows my desktop and my laptop. If I click on the laptop it shows a drive f: that doesn't exist on the laptop and appears to be a clone of drive d:. If I delete a...