Windows 10: WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think...

Discus and support WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DustinDirt [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DustinDirt, Feb 22, 2020.

1. WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think...

/u/DustinDirt, Feb 22, 2020

2. Need help disabling a bad lenovo driver

I've isolated my laptop's (Lenovo Y 40-70) battery gauge issue to a driver called "Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller," listed under "System Devices" in the Device Manager. I've tried uninstalling it (and deleting it, when prompted by a dialogue box) but it always come back after a restart. There is no option to disable it, either - it's greyed out when I access driver properties.

I've tried running the "show or hide updates" troubleshooter, as indicated in the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-68c3a305d730

but that didn't work either. The driver simply doesn't show up in the list. I thought I could trigger its presence on the "show or hide updates" troubleshooter if I went to an earlier version of the driver. But I can't do this either - when I go to the driver's properties, the "roll back driver" option is greyed out (just like the "disable" option).

My battery gauge problem has always gone away when I uninstall this driver. Many other Lenovo Y40 users have indicated this driver is the root of their problems and they've gotten rid of it successfully, but not on Windows 10...

Any idea how I can disable this thing?

And yes, I am an "administrator." I can disable other drivers in the device manager list but not this one, for some reason.

obesechipmunk, Feb 22, 2020
  3. How to disable hotkeys in Lenovo Ideapad MIIX?

Hi Ricardo,

Please refer to the below article to disable the hotkey feature in your device. (Refer to the section below the topic
    Solution which explains steps to disable the hotkeys).

Enable function key feature without pressing Fn on ideapad U300s, U300e, and U400 - Windows 7 - DE

If this doesn't helps, I suggest you to contact the Lenovo support team as the device manufacturer has set the hotkeys for the devices for convenient usage. Click on the below link to go to the Lenovo support team;

Home - Global Support - US

Let us know if you need further assistance on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 22, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think...

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think... [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think... [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think...

1. WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think... - Similar Threads - hate please help

2. I THINK A VIRUS IS INSTALLED HELP ME PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I THINK A VIRUS IS INSTALLED HELP ME PLEASE!: So, I start up windows.Everything was fine until I notice the taskbar haven't loaded.Make sense, I waited. And a few seconds pass, nothing. I hiver my cursor over it and the cursor turn into the logo for a not respond program.I panicked, refreshed, still nothing, I click on...
  3. I THINK A VIRUS IS INSTALLED HELP ME PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I THINK A VIRUS IS INSTALLED HELP ME PLEASE!: So, I start up windows.Everything was fine until I notice the taskbar haven't loaded.Make sense, I waited. And a few seconds pass, nothing. I hiver my cursor over it and the cursor turn into the logo for a not respond program.I panicked, refreshed, still nothing, I click on...
  4. I THINK A VIRUS IS INSTALLED HELP ME PLEASE!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help i have problems with this update error i tried everything i can think off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help i have problems with this update error i tried everything i can think off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Razerwurst69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsxjaw/help_i_have_problems_with_this_update_error_i/
  6. Bluetooth not detecting any devices. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Help please.

Bluetooth not detecting any devices. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Help please.: As stated, Bluetooth simply isn’t detecting my devices. I’ve been attempting to connect my Xbox controller to my PC, but it isn’t showing up in the “Add a device” menu. I know that the controller is not the problem, as it is discoverable on my phone, and I’ve tested other...
  7. I’ve tried everything I could find on google. Please help me

I’ve tried everything I could find on google. Please help me: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProfTek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g59a1l/ive_tried_everything_i_could_find_on_google/
  8. I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS: Below is the error information I received. I can not open settings to change anything or get in under admin clearance. I can not download anything either as I tried a paid service with avg to scan computer for virus and wont let me. Description Faulting Application Path:...
  9. blue screen please help me ive tried everything i could.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen please help me ive tried everything i could.: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arxw9YyEGRrdgXMS3dC89-8Xx1kB https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arxw9YyEGRrdgXR8F3ujMoVWofll https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arxw9YyEGRrdgXUCs71iSYXMNuie these are my three latest minidumps.they are all the same.im guessing its a driver issue but i cant find what.i did a memomy...
  10. I hate windows 10 please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I hate windows 10 please help: I made an account here just to post about my extreme hate and dislike for windows 10 and what it has done for my precious laptop. The story is like this my parents bought me this laptop an ACER Aspire E15 touch in February everything was fine , dandy. And smiles nothing at...