Windows 10: What is this icon in my startmenu?

Discus and support What is this icon in my startmenu? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from version 1909 to 2004 on my laptop and I opened the start menu and saw this. [ATTACH] What is this program and how can I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Matt2383, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Matt2383 Win User

What is this icon in my startmenu?

I recently upgraded from version 1909 to 2004 on my laptop and I opened the start menu and saw this.

What is this icon in my startmenu? bdd500ac-57a7-45da-9158-17fb09446e4d?upload=true.png

What is this program and how can I uninstall it? Every time I try to do it the normal way it says it was unable to uninstall.

Thanks

Matt

:)

Matt2383, Aug 22, 2020

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Cannot click on the startmenu icon?

One day it just happened. I cannot click on the startmenu icon. Right click works but using the "Search" function through it doesn't. Also, whenever I click on the arrow to review the hidden icons and place my mouse over Microsoft OneDrive or whatever
    - it just disappears. Also disappears when I try to click the startmenu icon with my LMB. This is bugging the living hell out of me and if I don't find a fix soon, I will have to revert back to Win 7 What is this icon in my startmenu? :(

EDIT - Also cannot open the Notifications icon, volume mixer or the Wi-fi icon.

ЗлатимирПетров, Aug 22, 2020
  4. RPG17A Win User

My StartMenu icons turned to sheets.

Hi Fidel

Me again. I saw this post from some time ago from someone with the same problem as you have, and it solved the issue for this user. So if it works thank Sangeeta. Did you know your post was marked as answered on the 19th Oct but it clearly
    isn't, this may stop someone replying

Sangeeta Sarkar replied on

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with shortcut icons on your desktop. We will certainly helpyou

This issue might have occurred if some system files gets corrupted. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: To isolate the issue, we suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs. This will clarify us if the issue is confined to System file corruption or User profile corruption:

Create a user account

Step 2: If the issue doesn't occur in new user account, then try these further steps on the current user account and check if it helps:

Run SFC Scan. What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=sfc scan&p=

or

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...op icons turned to white sheets in windows 10

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 3: Perform DISM.

• Press Windows key + X.

Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter

Let us know if the information was helpful to you. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

1 person found this helpful

• What is this icon in my startmenu? [​IMG]

• What is this icon in my startmenu? [​IMG]

RPG17A, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. What is this icon in my startmenu? - Similar Threads - icon startmenu

2. Windows defender icon missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  3. Windows defender icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  4. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing in startmenu: Like title, some icons aren't showing in the start menu, I've tried following a few guides that suggest deleting "IconCache.db" however this simply doesn't exist on my computer, I've also tried following the guide below but to no...
  5. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing in startmenu: Like title, some icons aren't showing in the start menu, I've tried following a few guides that suggest deleting "IconCache.db" however this simply doesn't exist on my computer, I've also tried following the guide below but to no...
  6. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. StartMenu some of the icons are not appearing, but in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    StartMenu some of the icons are not appearing, but in...: Hello Folks, Some of icons from Start Menu are not appearing, But it shows in %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\programs. Don't knw what's wrong with Windows 1909 version. submitted by /u/dick58 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to Change Folder Icons in StartMenu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Folder Icons in StartMenu?: is it possible? or does Anyone knows how i change those Icons there? (marked RED).. I want to change them systemwide not one by one.. if that is possible, like changing the ICO in the DLLs for example, but i couldnt find this ICO in any of those DLLs.. Anyone knows wich ico...
  9. Repair icons in the StartMenu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repair icons in the StartMenu?: I disconnected my D: unit, and reconnect more later, and all programs installed in D: lost their icon in the start menu. Any fix? https://imgur.com/VTkIIuQ submitted by /u/FSFRS [link] [comments]...
  10. Removing Windows Apps sometimes leaves orphan "icons" in the startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Windows Apps sometimes leaves orphan "icons" in the startmenu: I removed the Windows Apps (3D Builder, Groovy etc.) using PowerShell and Remove-AppxPackage / Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage on our Windows 10 machines (64bit, some Home, some Pro) at home. This worked satisfying enough, but for some (very few) local users the start menu...