Windows 10: What is this icon that appears by my clock ?

Discus and support What is this icon that appears by my clock ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Icon attached Just noticed it as my PC rebooted. It's gone now.. but what is / was it ? Thanks 30153 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomT, Nov 15, 2015.

1. TomT Win User

What is this icon that appears by my clock ?

Icon attached

Just noticed it as my PC rebooted. It's gone now.. but what is / was it ?

Thanks

:)

2. kllo125 Win User

Unknown icon on the E5

An unknown icon suddenly appeared on the bottom of my E5 screen. It is located on the left of where the alarm clock icon is and looks sort of like the letter I. What is it and how to I remove it?

kllo125, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Windows lock screen

hi , these days when i start my laptop and when the lock screen appear the lockscreens digital clock and the righ corner wifi, battery icon are in little bigsize and again after few seconds the digital clock and the icon disapper and after 2 seconds the
    digital clock and the icon apper little smaller and it shows weather of my area dows the clock.

AmanKumar650, Nov 15, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Well, I asked Cortana but she doesn't know *Sad

What is this icon that appears by my clock ? [​IMG]

Try looking in Select which icons ... and see if you can see it there...

What is this icon that appears by my clock ? [​IMG]

5. Edwin New Member
    Almost looks like a "Searching for Dongle" of some sort, or 'Dongle not found' icon.

Edwin, Nov 15, 2015
  6. TomT Win User
    Thanks - since the upgrade on Friday my icons in the 'show notifications from these apps' are black squares so I can't see what they are.

There is one I'm not sure about called 'Connect' The others I know.

7. lx07 Win User
  8. TomT Win User

I've tried that and rebooted.. all icons seem fine apart from those !!

9. Dean73 Win User
    Wireless Icon with a red cross, but you're connected though? Though I think it's a damn bug...

Don't worry that bug will be fixed soon *Smile

Dean73, Nov 15, 2015
  10. TomT Win User
    Don't think it's wireless the icon is different.

I think it could be AVAST SecureLine VPN which seems to be enabled following an update. I've disabled it and now the icon doesn't show.

I'll mark this as solved and open a new thread about my black square issue.

11. Dean73 Win User
    You're correct!

That is Avast SecureLine that was causing the problem.

Problem Solved.... Not a bug *Smile

Dean73, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is this icon that appears by my clock ? - Similar Threads - icon appears clock

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. Appear icon on taskbar over the clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Appear icon on taskbar over the clock: Hi everyone,On my taskbar appear icon that is unclickable, trough it can click on clock, i try to close open processes in Task manager by "End task", nothing helped, i noticed this yesterday, but i didnt install apst that can place icon on screen, maybe someone know what is...
  5. Appear icon on taskbar over the clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Appear icon on taskbar over the clock: Hi everyone,On my taskbar appear icon that is unclickable, trough it can click on clock, i try to close open processes in Task manager by "End task", nothing helped, i noticed this yesterday, but i didnt install apst that can place icon on screen, maybe someone know what is...
  6. Hidden Icon Clock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden Icon Clock: Is there any application or way to have the time in the hidden icons place. submitted by /u/nigelcccc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1ngu6/hidden_icon_clock/
  7. Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?: Hello, everyone, i keep having (especially specifically with Krita) the problem that i download the app, but after a while the logo is no longer displayed, only a white sheet (see picture). For the most part, the apps still work smoothly, although there are problems with...
  8. What is this icon that appears on my task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this icon that appears on my task bar?: [ATTACH] This icon (The one with the refresh symbol and the orange dot) keeps appearing on my task bar, whenever I mouse over it it disappears and turns into a horizontal scroll icon, then when I un-mouse over the scroll icon disappears and it doesn't reappear for a while....
  9. Icons appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons appearance: مرحبا مايكروسوفت عندي مشكلة في ظهور الايقونات و هي ان الايقونات شكلها لا يظهر و انما فقط يظهر اسم المجلد و هذا ف وضع large icons و انما في باقي الاوضاع تظهر الايقونات بشكل مبكسل غير واضح اريد حل لو سمحت My device acer aspire f5 573g Windows 10 1803...
  10. Additional clocks: what's going on?

in Windows 10 Support
    Additional clocks: what's going on?: Just enabled two additional clock in Windows Settings for two different time zones. Here's what I have in the settings [img] As you can see, the time zones for these two clocks are different: one is GMT+2 and another is GMT+3. However, when I open the popup from my tray I...