Windows 10: What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on...

Discus and support What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vyto-Khron [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vyto-Khron, Mar 15, 2021.

1. What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on...

/u/Vyto-Khron, Mar 15, 2021

2. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

No, not quite. Only system restore points made by System Protection are deleted, those made by System Image Backup and stored in the WindowsImageBackup folder are not deleted, though they may no longer be listed in System Protection as available to restore after the upgrade.

This system of mine was upgraded, but the Catalog and SPPMetadata folders still contain files from before the upgrade.

What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on... [​IMG]

4. jellyroll Win User

What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on...

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

AndreTen - I have tried Disk Cleanup but unfortunately the problem entries did not go away.
    I feel certain Bree (VIP Member) has identified the correct cause of this problem as above and his adviced solution should also do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Bree - Thank you. I must admit that I did use 'Create system image' a few times in 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' instead of 'Backup now' and these ghost entries relate to those actions. You have rightly identified the cause of this issue.
    It is crazy that Microsoft has put two different backup options causing the issue of these ghost restore points.

Regarding your advice on how to rectify the issue - I must add that I am not very computer savvy and feel reluctant to use Diskpart utility etc to delete 'WindowsImageBackup\SPPMetadataCache' and 'WindowsImageBackup\Catalog folders' from within 'System Volume Information' folder with command Prompt as I fear damaging the pc by making any mistakes, as I have never done this before.

Please advice if there may be another simpler method to delete the above folders OR if you are able and have time to post a step by step instructions (with pictures if possible) on how to follow your advice. Much appreciated.

jellyroll, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on...

1. What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on... - Similar Threads - Image folder System

2. system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder: My system drive is full and Storage Sense cannot find Windows.old although there is a hidden folder Windows.ws-WS. Is this where windows old files reside now?...
  3. system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder: My system drive is full and Storage Sense cannot find Windows.old although there is a hidden folder Windows.ws-WS. Is this where windows old files reside now?...
  4. Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...: Hey guys, so I turned on my computer and then my antivirus Malwarebytes ran its daily scan and had an RTP detection, which lead to an file being quarantined. Now this file is classified as a Malware.AI2180662197 , and the file location is C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System...
  5. What is "CryptnetUrlCache folder? Does it contain the websites I visited in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is "CryptnetUrlCache folder? Does it contain the websites I visited in?: How can I view or decrypt these system files to see what websites urls I visited? I lost my private browsing session in firefox without bookmarking the urls. So I'm hoping this CryptnetURL Cache stores info about what websites I visited from firefox. submitted by...
  6. What is the Container folder and why is it missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the Container folder and why is it missing?: W 10 Pro 64 bit ver. 10.0.19042 Hi, I recently did a full system scan using Bitdefender after a reinstall performed by a service technician, it found 19 password protected files that couldn't be scanned. This raised some concern as want to know what these files are and that...
  7. What does this mean? Should I do it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean? Should I do it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/glob_ial1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilwlc3/what_does_this_mean_should_i_do_it/
  8. What does this mean? Should I be concerned?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does this mean? Should I be concerned?: [ATTACH] I don't know what it means or why it's there or what it does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-should-i-be-concerned/b8fa8fda-38b8-412e-9328-a4889bde2514
  9. System Restore - What is this folder ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - What is this folder ?: and how do I remove from Available Drives list ? Just did a Repair Install and this mystery folder shows up now. Wasn't there before, or ever. TIA. [img] 145837
  10. What does the Win10 Recovery contain?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does the Win10 Recovery contain?: Hi folks - I just set up Win10 this week and created my recovery onto a USB. Does anyone know if it contains drivers and applications that were set up before this was performed? Hopefully it does. Thanks! 23076