Windows 10: What is this large folder?

Discus and support What is this large folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages What's the purpose of that folder? 132688 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, May 16, 2019 at 9:17 AM.

1. Steve C Win User

What is this large folder?

I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages

What's the purpose of that folder?

:)

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

3. Dani Pun Win User
    Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

4. What is this large folder?

Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, May 16, 2019 at 9:18 AM
Thema:

What is this large folder?

1. What is this large folder? - Similar Threads - large folder

2. Every time Windows Update Needs to install a large update....it freezes and crashes my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time Windows Update Needs to install a large update....it freezes and crashes my...: I used to be able to abate this issue by disabling the Windows Update service but now you all have made it to where I can no longer control a service on my own computer, this process is now greyed out in Services and cannot be stopped or changed via properties. I also cannot...
  3. Large Font on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large Font on Desktop Icons: Hi there, I can't get the fonts on the icons on my desktop to reduce in size, the icons are ok now but not the fonts. They are also too big in the menus on Outlook. I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Have tried going into Settings, Display, Scale & Layout, no slider...
  4. Moved large file to usb, pressed cancel and now everything is gone. *NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY*

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved large file to usb, pressed cancel and now everything is gone. *NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY*: Hi, so I was moving a very large file into my usb and it was working well so far until it reached a problem with something within the file pretty much saying "The name is too long" I only had two options to choose, skip or cancel. I clicked skip multiple times and it would...
  5. Start up icons to large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up icons to large: I have windows 10 on my computer and yesterday when it booted up after I signed in my startup screen with all the apps came up with huge icons. It now will not show all of the icons because they are too big. I have tried everything I can think of to try and bring the size...
  6. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update: When my laptop updated back in June it took me a bit to realize that a large photos folder where I store family photos just disappeared. I would never delete it and it would take awhile to delete because of how many photos are in there so I would have noticed if I had...
  7. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons": Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I use to apply the custom icons are in a folder for icons, and they're all exactly 256x256 pixels big, but despite choosing...
  8. Find large *folders* on hard disks

in Windows 10 Support
    Find large *folders* on hard disks: My hard disk is full. I need to empty some space. I'm trying to locate the large folders I can empty. However there seems no good way to locate these folders in windows. Trying to search via Win Explorer Search option: "size:gigantic kind:=folder", simply doesn't work. It...
  9. Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?: Thanks - I'll bear that in mind.
  10. AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do...

in Windows 10 Support
    AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do...: I have been trying to transfer a huge folder into the AppData/Roaming folder, but it gives me this error message: "there is not enough space on roaming. you need an additional 140 gb to copy these files" It seems the folder size of Roaming is incredibly tiny?!.. Is...