Windows 10: What is this large folder?

Discus and support What is this large folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages What's the purpose of that folder? 132688 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, May 16, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

What is this large folder?

I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages

What's the purpose of that folder?

:)

Steve C, May 16, 2019

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 16, 2019
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, May 16, 2019
  4. What is this large folder?

Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, May 16, 2019
Thema:

What is this large folder?

1. What is this large folder? - Similar Threads - large folder

2. Large icon folder veiw standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large icon folder veiw standard: I would like to apply large icons as a standard view across all folders. I have tried to use the 'Options, view, apply to all folders' method. I have also done this by selecting image folders to try the suggestion that if you do this with similar folder types of the view will...
  3. Large icon folder veiw standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large icon folder veiw standard: I would like to apply large icons as a standard view across all folders. I have tried to use the 'Options, view, apply to all folders' method. I have also done this by selecting image folders to try the suggestion that if you do this with similar folder types of the view will...
  4. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  5. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  6. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Issue syncing large file from OneDrive to local folder, error says not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue syncing large file from OneDrive to local folder, error says not enough disk space: A college successfully uploaded some files to my OneDrive folder last night. I'm trying to sync one of them to my local OneDrive folder, which has 136GB free. The file is 92GB. OneDrive repeatedly returns the error, "The file couldn't be saved because there isn't enough disk...
  8. Issue syncing large file from OneDrive to local folder, error says not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue syncing large file from OneDrive to local folder, error says not enough disk space: A college successfully uploaded some files to my OneDrive folder last night. I'm trying to sync one of them to my local OneDrive folder, which has 136GB free. The file is 92GB. OneDrive repeatedly returns the error, "The file couldn't be saved because there isn't enough disk...
  9. Issue syncing large file from OneDrive to local folder, error says not enough disk space

10. Why is Winsxs folder 30gb? Too large, come on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Winsxs folder 30gb? Too large, come on...: sfc scannowdism startcomponentclean etc etcall good.Still massive.why actually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-winsxs-folder-30gb-too-large-come-on/ff6f0d85-316a-4e26-808a-6ccccfc2a5a3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i delete ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages

2. what is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages