Windows 10: What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop??

Discus and support What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So there is a issue that i have been facing. Sometimes when i shutdown my laptop, the screen flickers for a fraction of second during the process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muskan Kohli, Jul 14, 2020.

1. What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop??

So there is a issue that i have been facing. Sometimes when i shutdown my laptop, the screen flickers for a fraction of second during the process.

Irecorded it and here is the screenshot from that video when the screen flickers. It shows this for a fraction of second and then the system shuts down on its own. Now this is completely weird as i know that there is no work or anything that needs to be saved. Been trying to find a solution as this is frustrating. What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop?? 04c66610-2235-46e9-966c-faa61eeddb05?upload=true.jpg

:)

Muskan Kohli, Jul 14, 2020

2. SHUT DOWN MESSAGE

Hello,

An active app or service that is running in the background might be causing the error message to appear when shutting down your Windows 10 PC. We need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 PC?
    Select the Start button, type
    About your PC, and then press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC. Please post both the
    Version and
    OS Build of your PC.

Devlin Sco, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Error Message When Shutting Down

Let us disable non-Microsoft services which is one of the possible reason why you get error message when shutting down the computer. This process may take a little longer since you will need to re-enable the services one by one to find out what will cause
    the error message, please follow these steps:

• Type msconfig on the search box.
    • Select System Configuration then click Services tab.
    • Put a check on the box that say Hide all Microsoft services.
    • Click Apply then OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Observe, then re-enable non-Microsoft services one by one.

Thanks,

Ryan Fra, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Cake5 Win User

What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop??

Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop??

1. What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop?? - Similar Threads - message appears shut

2. Error appear when i shut down computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error appear when i shut down computer.: The instruction at 0x00007FF C57663ACA referenced memory at0x0000000000000024. The memory could not be written https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-appear-when-i-shut-down-computer/70a96756-f1d9-4ac0-aafb-fce3d71834a8
  3. Error appear when i shut down computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error appear when i shut down computer.: The instruction at 0x00007FF C57663ACA referenced memory at0x0000000000000024. The memory could not be written https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-appear-when-i-shut-down-computer/70a96756-f1d9-4ac0-aafb-fce3d71834a8
  4. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts down when i touch it: Hello! My name is Aakash.I had no issues with my laptop until today. When I turn on my laptop, it boots fine. But, when i touch a specific part of my laptop which is a small area to the left of the touchpad, it shuts down. No BSOD or anything, just turns off like u remove the...
  5. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when i touch it: Hello! My name is Aakash.I had no issues with my laptop until today. When I turn on my laptop, it boots fine. But, when i touch a specific part of my laptop which is a small area to the left of the touchpad, it shuts down. No BSOD or anything, just turns off like u remove the...
  6. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer: Hello, When I shutdown the computer then I always get "gvrbackgroundwindow3" is open and forcing to stop the shutdown or restart process. I have checked all the process in task manager, autorun, process explorer and procmon but there was no such program running in the...
  9. Error message when shutting down the PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error message when shutting down the PC?: When I shut down my PC I get a message that I can't read because it disappears immediately and the typical Windows sound is also I ask for your help Fehlermeldung beim Herunterfahren vom PC?
  10. BSOD appears when I shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD appears when I shut down: When I press the shut down button my PC crashes with blue screen so I have to perform a hard shut down to turn it off. Then I press the power button and my PC starts up and I can work on it until the next shut down...