Windows 10: What is this MSIXVC thing and why is it taking up so much of my precious space?

Discus and support What is this MSIXVC thing and why is it taking up so much of my precious space? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Arre27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eq1pla/what_is_this_msixvc_thing_and_why_is_it_taking_up/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arre27, Jan 17, 2020.

1. /u/Arre27 Win User

What is this MSIXVC thing and why is it taking up so much of my precious space?

/u/Arre27, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 17, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jan 17, 2020
  4. What is this MSIXVC thing and why is it taking up so much of my precious space?

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

What is this MSIXVC thing and why is it taking up so much of my precious space?

1. What is this MSIXVC thing and why is it taking up so much of my precious space? - Similar Threads - MSIXVC thing why

2. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...
  3. New Laptop --- Why is there so much space being taken up on my C:?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop --- Why is there so much space being taken up on my C:?: Hey folks. I just got a new laptop two days ago, a Dell, and the hard drive seems just way too full. It looks like a half of it is taken up by system and reserved files-That seems high to me. I ran WinDirStat and that's only looking like half of it can be seen. So...what...
  4. What is taking up so much space on my drive? Cant find the files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is taking up so much space on my drive? Cant find the files: I've been searching through C: trying to find where about 300GB of unknown files are. When viewing the breakdown under storage usage, it shows "documents" at 488GB, however when I go to my documents I only get 170GB....
  5. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...
  6. Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU?: When I start my laptop, it comes up just fine. But then Windows Biometric Services starts taking 18% of the CPU and stays there until I end the task manually. I have reloaded the Biometric driver, but the issue persists. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks 131522
  7. Log files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....
  8. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  9. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  10. Windows folder taking up way to much space.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder taking up way to much space.: Is there anyway I can decrease the space if the windows folder. My laptop is only 30 gigs and the windows folder us taking up 21 gigs, any fix for this? 35458

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is msixvc

2. msixvc this file is being used