Windows 10: What is this random user under my permissions tab?

Discus and support What is this random user under my permissions tab? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blender4life [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blender4life, Oct 25, 2020.

1. What is this random user under my permissions tab?

/u/blender4life, Oct 25, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 25, 2020
  4. What is this random user under my permissions tab?

How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

What is this random user under my permissions tab?

1. What is this random user under my permissions tab? - Similar Threads - random user under

2. user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  3. user permissions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  4. Under 'Users', I have one called 'new user'; what is it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Under 'Users', I have one called 'new user'; what is it?: Under 'Users', I have one called 'new user', which is different from my regular local account, but seems to have the same folders in it. Is this something I made accidentally and can erase, since my regular local account is right there?...
  5. USER PERMISSIONS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER PERMISSIONS?: I have been using a sleep apnea data app on Win 10 for several months with no issues. Over the last week or so, the app has become non-functional. I have sought help from the Apnea Board community and have tried numerous fixes with no success. One of the forum advisors...
  6. User Permissions

User Permissions: How do I reset all user permissions to default. I may have accidentally deleted a profile that is needed., Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/97475d02-2691-484b-ad2a-99bd5e802315
  7. Favourites Tab works but Folder under User name out of date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favourites Tab works but Folder under User name out of date: I am on Win 10 Build 1809 64 Bit. Today I went to back up my Favourites as I have added and deleted some websites from them recently including today. I have a number of Topic related Folders within Favourites and I know how to sort them alphabetically. Within MS Edge...
  8. Active Directory and "Require User's permission" under the "Remote Control" tab.

Active Directory and "Require User's permission" under the "Remote Control" tab.: - Looking for Remote into computer without user permissions, however we want to limit the account.. - How to limit the account remote control permissions to limited computers in organisation...
  9. No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do: I recently upgraded my SSD from a 500 GB drive to a 1 TB drive. I cloned the drive with Arocnis True Image 2016. It seemed to work, but then it wouldn't boot up. I followed some instructions I found on another forum about how to repair the bcd (booting up using the Windows 10...
  10. What folders should appear under the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What folders should appear under the Users folder?: I really thought the names of user accounts would be seen in the Users folder, but aside from the recognized "user accounts" of my own, Public, and Administrator, I have the following: .NET v4.5 .NET v4.5 Classic All Users Default Default User Default.migrated...