Windows 10: What is this "Save to Print File" issue?

Discus and support What is this "Save to Print File" issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the latest update, when I need to print it wants me to "Save to Print File". I checked and my printer is set as default and there is NOT a check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaPool1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. What is this "Save to Print File" issue?

Since the latest update, when I need to print it wants me to "Save to Print File". I checked and my printer is set as default and there is NOT a check in the Print to File box. Any suggestions.

:)

DonnaPool1, Oct 18, 2019

2. print to pdf not saving file or saving 0KB file

Hello,

Software conflicts could be one of the possible causes of this PDF print issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you tell us the exact error message, if there's any?
    • Does the issue only happen to a PDF file?
    • Regarding the 0 KB file, were you able to open it?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 18, 2019
  4. What is this "Save to Print File" issue?

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

What is this "Save to Print File" issue?

1. What is this "Save to Print File" issue? - Similar Threads - Save Print File

2. Renaming/save file issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming/save file issue: Im currently doing a mass rename of approximately 30k+ files, sometimes (feels random) it will follow the folder I saved to its save location. (ex: all my files are labeled with Z so they are at the bottom and when I rename hit enter (double enter due to same name mainly...
  3. Photoshop file save issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photoshop file save issue: submitted by /u/NV7X [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jscfrs/photoshop_file_save_issue/
  4. Printing hard drive saved .eml files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing hard drive saved .eml files: I am saving Mail .eml files to hard drive. Previously to print these saved files I have changed .eml to .mht and page printed by Internet Explorer. Since latest update on Windows 10, I cannot change file definition and hence can't print these saved files. How can I now print...
  5. Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf: I know this is a common problem - I won't even bother to describe it in detail but i can't find a recent thread. Anyway, my printer is the default and Print to File is not checked in the print menu 2 common 'solutions'. I am trying to print documents related to my...
  6. Can't open or print saved documents or files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open or print saved documents or files: Ever since the recent Windows 10 Update, I can no longer open or print any documents or files at all. If I try to open or print it says I don't have an app to perform this . . ? I am at a loss. I have never not been able to open a document....
  7. File save as issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File save as issue: When I want to save a document for instance in the Document folder, I get a window showing the files 1st and then the folders non of which are in abc order. I have Word 2013.Help please. 148040
  8. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing: Since the update yesterday when I print, it tried to save PRN file before printing. How do I stop that and just print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-print-it-tries-to-save-file-instead-of-just/f094cb24-0923-43df-88ed-20ed83c4aeeb
  9. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?: What's going on with trying to print, From the printer dialog box, it opens a file to save as? What happens to just printing out a copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-the-printer-opens-a-save-print/a298ecc6-1827-405f-8a37-fdb6d05d0a55
  10. Print save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print save: How do I do a screen save? There is a screen print tab on my laptop but no screen save tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-save/50ff135f-d800-42cd-977d-d03a51a2bd4e