Windows 10: What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

Discus and support What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community, I have an application from College Board called Bluebook.exe that I cannot install successfully via SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Winer, Mar 20, 2023.

1. What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

Hello Community, I have an application from College Board called Bluebook.exe that I cannot install successfully via SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit to a managed student device that is locked down for user from being able to run Powershell or even view Local AppData folders. It was designed to be installed under "user" context but SCCM isn't able to install the app. I get the infamous "Unknown error 0xffffff" When I install under "system" context the SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit reports the following error which I have never seen before. "This software is not applicable to your device" ... "Unable to mak

:)

John Winer, Mar 20, 2023

2. What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

Hello Community,

I have an application from College Board called Bluebook(.exe) that I cannot install successfully via SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit to a managed student device that is locked down for user from being able to run Powershell or even view Local AppData folders.

It was designed to be installed under "user" context but SCCM isn't able to install the app.

I get the infamous "Unknown error 0xffffff"

When I install under "system" context the SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit reports the following error which I have never seen before.

"This software is not applicable to your device" ... "Unable to make changes to your software"

Pasting the error screenshot here gives me "not found" so here is the google URL to the screenshot.

20230306_093500.jpg

I'm going to attempt the same install via InTune Azure Endpoint management but I have a feeling I will get similar results or the spinning never ending never completing install.

I've run into struggles with software from College Board before where they do not supply an MSI installer and expect the application to be installed under "user" context. I wasn't successful then and have spent too much time trying to troubleshoot this same .exe install issue.

If InTune proves unsuccessful I will try to create an MSI wrapper for it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John Winer, Mar 22, 2023
  3. David-M. Win User
    What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

Hi, I'm David.

Sorry. The Microsoft Community is a forum for home users.

Due to the scope of your question (SCCM), I suggest you access the link below, which will direct you to the Microsoft Q&A page.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/index...

Microsoft Q&A has IT professionals and system administrators who can best help with this type of question.

Best regards.

David-M., Mar 22, 2023
  4. What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

Steps in SCCM Software Reinstallation

What are the steps to reinstall a software in Windows 10 SCCM?

ShellaRance, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

1. What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"? - Similar Threads - SCCM distribution error

2. Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?: Hi I want to know, if I want to deploy operating systems through SCCM, should the SCCM distribution point be in the site where I intend to deploy the operating systems. Thanks...
  3. What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?: Hello Community, I have an application from College Board called Bluebook.exe that I cannot install successfully via SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit to a managed student device that is locked down for user from being able to run Powershell or even view Local AppData folders. It was...
  4. What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this SCCM distribution error "This software is not applicable to your device"?: Hello Community, I have an application from College Board called Bluebook.exe that I cannot install successfully via SCCM App-Deploy Toolkit to a managed student device that is locked down for user from being able to run Powershell or even view Local AppData folders. It was...
  5. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  6. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  7. Can Windows 10 deploy as SCCM Distribution Point?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Windows 10 deploy as SCCM Distribution Point?: Hi,I will like some help on the below question if i turn Windows 10 as SCCM Distribution Point.1. How many concurrent connection it can connect up to?2. Any connectivity limitation?3. Are there any features or capabilities that we will miss if we use Windows 10 as a SCCM...
  8. Software Distribution folder

Software Distribution folder: I wanted to know whether should I have to worry about contents of file location -> Software Distribution/Download cause I am seeing that after successful installation of Windows 10 updates.. The downloaded update files are soon removed after some time! Is this something new...
  9. Windows software distribution folder

Windows software distribution folder: Hello, Recently I have cleared the space in SSD by clearing almost 10gb from windows software distribution folder. I cleared by pausing all the updates. All my question is will there be any problem?? I typed this is run command: C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution...
  10. Installing application software on win10 using old distribution disks????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing application software on win10 using old distribution disks????: I have a win7 installation that uses a lot of old applications software; some just that: eg, word, and others are apps for a piece of hardware eg driver and scanner for a printer. The oldest is office 2000 - new when windows Me was the current OS; and the youngest is a...