Windows 10: what is this securify i see when i'm searching

Discus and support what is this securify i see when i'm searching in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i type something into the chrome browser and the first line i see for suggested searches is secruify at the end of a possible search link. i searched... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by corvairbob, Oct 12, 2020.

1. what is this securify i see when i'm searching

i type something into the chrome browser and the first line i see for suggested searches is secruify at the end of a possible search link. i searched that and got a ton of ways for possible removal but they all call that securify a type of virus that my virus protection has not removed. so i hesitate to use them to remove that securify as they to could be some type of virus.

so i ask here to see if this secruify is any good and leave it or remove it and with what? i see it is in the extensions and turned on but in the extensions it claims to be some type of security for the chrome browser. if it is just benign i can leave it if it is dangerous i can turn off and remove that extension but before i go down that road i figure some here may have some knowledge if i should let it go or remove it and if removing that extension will actually remove it completely? thanks

Securify for Chrome
    Securify warns you before stumbling on malicious sites referred from Search Engines or otherwise. Malicious extension alerts [Beta]

oh! what is that Browser WatchDog for Chrome Browser Watchdog offers an easy scan and cleanup of your browser extensions. and is that any good. i came across that also and does it actually do any good? thanks.

:)

corvairbob, Oct 12, 2020

2. what is this securify i see when i'm searching

i type something into the chrome browser and the first line i see for suggested searches is secruify at the end of a possible search link. i searched that and got a ton of ways for possible removal but they all call that securify a type of virus that my virus protection has not removed. so i hesitate to use them to remove that securify as they to could be some type of virus.

so i ask here to see if this secruify is any good and leave it or remove it and with what? i see it is in the extensions and turned on but in the extensions it claims to be some type of security for the chrome browser. if it is just benign i can leave it if it is dangerous i can turn off and remove that extension but before i go down that road i figure some here may have some knowledge if i should let it go or remove it and if removing that extension will actually remove it completely? thanks

Securify for Chrome™
    Securify warns you before stumbling on malicious sites referred from Search Engines or otherwise. Malicious extension alerts [Beta]

oh! what is that Browser WatchDog for Chrome Browser Watchdog offers an easy scan and cleanup of your browser extensions. and is that any good. i came across that also and does it actually do any good? thanks.

corvairbob, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Oct 12, 2020
  4. what is this securify i see when i'm searching

what is this securify i see when i'm searching

thanks when i turn off the extension i do not see securify as an option anymore. i have not noticed my browser getting hijacked by this statement. but i do see it as the first line it the suggested searches.

- - - Updated - - -

ok i installed that program from cyber security and it did nothing. all it wanted me to do is pay for a service. i removed securitfy from the extensions in the chrome browser and it did not show up in anymore searches without installing that program. but for s&g i tried to install it to see if i did have any stuck issues and it would not run so that was not worth doing. it took longer to remove that program that to turn of securitfy from chrome. thanks

corvairbob, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

what is this securify i see when i'm searching

1. what is this securify i see when i'm searching - Similar Threads - securify i'm searching

2. What is this C Search I'm seeing in windows search icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this C Search I'm seeing in windows search icon in the taskbar: What is this C Search I'm seeing in windows search icon in the taskbar. I suspect this is a virus. Pls help me, my antivirus not detecting anything....
  3. What is this C Search I'm seeing in windows search icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this C Search I'm seeing in windows search icon in the taskbar: What is this C Search I'm seeing in windows search icon in the taskbar. I suspect this is a virus. Pls help me, my antivirus not detecting anything....
  4. What Is This New Screen I See When Booting Or Restarting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What Is This New Screen I See When Booting Or Restarting?: I don't know what I did, but why do I see this screen the last three times I've booted up or restarted?I have to hit F1, then restart from there, hope nothing's too messed up!...
  5. What Is This New Screen I See When Booting Or Restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Is This New Screen I See When Booting Or Restarting?: I don't know what I did, but why do I see this screen the last three times I've booted up or restarted?I have to hit F1, then restart from there, hope nothing's too messed up!...
  6. What Is This New Screen I See When Booting Or Restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen: Hi, I have a new Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop. I've set up a pin on the home screen and up until yesterday it was working fine. Now, when I type in my password, I can't see any dots registering that I'm typing my pin in. The cursor just blinks at the start like nothing is...
  8. what is this securify i see when i'm searching

in Windows 10 Support
    what is this securify i see when i'm searching: i type something into the chrome browser and the first line i see for suggested searches is secruify at the end of a possible search link. i searched that and got a ton of ways for possible removal but they all call that securify a type of virus that my virus protection has...
  9. Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet: Hello When I open up the Microsoft Telnet Client, I am able to connect successfully, but when I do connect, I cannot see what I am typing into the command prompt. I am running Windows 10. I can see what I'm typing in the command prompt normally and the text color is not the...
  10. The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says

in Windows 10 Customization
    The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says: My search bar works fine but when the results show up it's black so I can't see what the options are. Please help me fix it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-cortana-search-results-turned-black-and-i-cant/50bb2572-08ba-4b83-8454-8ea00a7edd8a