Windows 10: What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

Discus and support What is this SID or user ? is this a virus? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by minsungseo, Jul 5, 2022.

1. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i dont remember this user being here.or this is just normal thing for all the windows10 user.also exposing my user SID like on picture bad? like for security reason.Thank you!

:)

minsungseo, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Mystery SID. Help plz.

Open Command Prompt or PowerShell, enter command wmic useraccount get name,sid. This gives you a detailed list showing which SID belongs to which user account.

Kari, Jul 5, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost myWin10 User Partition Name

Stu,

I do not understand:-
    1 The "USER" account appears in many places in Admin
    2 bootable user - you've used this term before but it is not a defined term and I don't know what you mean.

I can take you through a series of commands to check exactly what each user account thinks is its user folder path. It's going to get too confusing with aliases such as "USER" so, if you are willing, perhaps you can post the results of the checks in PMs to me and I'll be careful to avoid using real usernames in posts here.
    Step 0 In all steps, ignore user 'accounts' called DefaultAccount, defaultuser0/1/…, Guest, WDAGUtilityAccount
    Step 1 Run this command Code:
    This tells you the SID for each username.
    Step 2 Run RegEdit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    Step 3 For each of the SIDs in the Registry SubKeys beginning S-1-5-21, select it and look at its ProfileImagePath entry.
    Step 4 Step 3 tells you the ProfileImagePath [user folder path] for each SID and you can then look up which user name it relates to using the results of Step 1.
    So now you can see which user folder path Windows thinks it should use for each username.

Please post [here or in a PM to me] the list of usernames, SIDs, user folder paths.
    Please confirm that those user folder paths get shown in File explorer, C:\Users.

Denis

Try3, Jul 5, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

1. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus? - Similar Threads - SID user virus

2. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?: Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i dont remember this user being here.or this is just normal thing for all the windows10 user.also exposing my user SID like on...
  3. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?: Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i dont remember this user being here.or this is just normal thing for all the windows10 user.also exposing my user SID like on...
  4. SID info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  5. windows 11 domain users show as SID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 domain users show as SID: when i display administrators in Computer Management Groups, it shows the SID. I am having issues sharing folders as i get help?no issues with my windows 10 desktops; running windows 2016 servers, all patched....
  6. windows 11 domain users show as SID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 domain users show as SID: when i display administrators in Computer Management Groups, it shows the SID. I am having issues sharing folders as i get help?no issues with my windows 10 desktops; running windows 2016 servers, all patched....
  7. Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application SID does not match Conductor SID.: I have a user who consistently has issue with start Cisco AnyConnect VPN application. The application will not launch. I checked the logs and saw this message in the Event Viewer. [ATTACH] Is this error revolving around permissions? Thanks for your assistance. ~...
  8. Unknown SID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  9. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253
  10. Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows: How to: Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows How to Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows Sometimes, you need to know what the security identifier (SID) is for a specific user on the system. A SID is a string value of variable length that is...