Windows 10: What is this "start" app?

Discus and support What is this "start" app? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This app appears in battery usage, but it's not listed in my installed apps. What is it. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaygourley, Apr 19, 2020.

1. What is this "start" app?

This app appears in battery usage, but it's not listed in my installed apps. What is it.

What is this "start" app? 8ce10878-626c-411a-bf7d-5952474dfa2a?upload=true.png

:)

jaygourley, Apr 19, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

What is this "start" app?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. What is this "start" app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

What is this "start" app?

1. What is this "start" app? - Similar Threads - start app

2. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10: So all of a sudden, certain system apps have disappeared from my start menu. I type their names in the search and I get a "no results found."Examples:- Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions- Device Manager- Default Apps- etcI can still launch them if I go and find them...
  3. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10: So all of a sudden, certain system apps have disappeared from my start menu. I type their names in the search and I get a "no results found."Examples:- Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions- Device Manager- Default Apps- etcI can still launch them if I go and find them...
  4. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  6. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  7. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  9. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  10. Getting Error 0x80070426 when I try to start XBox app on my PC

Getting Error 0x80070426 when I try to start XBox app on my PC: Hello, I just started running into this in the last week or so after using it pretty regularly and without issue for months. Now, I get the following error when I try to run the XBox app. I have looked online and tried repairing and resetting both XBox app and Gaming...