Windows 10: what is this strange icon ??

Discus and support what is this strange icon ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; just found today. What is this strange blue arrows?? Some folders do have, some dont't [img] [img] [img] 122770 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

what is this strange icon ??

just found today. What is this strange blue arrows?? Some folders do have, some dont't
    what is this strange icon ?? [​IMG]

:)

Tsw88, Dec 3, 2018

2. Strange Shadow type Icon/Image Windows 10

Hi VidhuGour,

In order to help you with your concern about the strange shadow, icon or image on your Windows 10 screen, you may check and access the icon using the File Explorer of your Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps:

• Click the File Manager icon from the taskbar.
    • Click This PC.
    • Click the Desktop folder.
    • It should show you that strange desktop icon and its corresponding File name.

If it doesn't show, you may try changing your wallpaper into a darker type and see if the strange figure would still be there. If it is, then it might be a dead pixel that you currently have on your screen.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Dec 3, 2018
  4. what is this strange icon ??

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

what is this strange icon ??

1. what is this strange icon ?? - Similar Threads - strange icon

2. Strange icon blinking o right hand side of Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon blinking o right hand side of Windows 10 desktop: I have a vertical bar icon 40mm x 12mm on my desk top which loads last when I boot and stays there blinking. When I point at it the arrow changes to busy and I can't right click, left click or do anything to engage with it. It has a +button and - button on the bottom half...
  3. Strange behaviour of pinned menu icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behaviour of pinned menu icons: As we don’t have a ‘ bags and strange behaviour ‘ child forum, I will post here the past few days I am experiencing some of my pinned menu icons lose their graphics, if I resize them then back to where they were ere , the icon reverts to normal. this first happened with the...
  4. Strange icon on START panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange icon on START panel: Hi Sometimes , after enter on Windows , if i go on start menù i see the strange icon like "minecraft" style. What is? i check with antivirus but nothing found , the same with adwcleanr or malwarebytes.. IS a miner hack? like that can use for bitcoin or other..? what is?...
  5. Desktop Icon - a strange one !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon - a strange one !!: One of my desktop icons (gmail / shortcut) has always been a round red/yellow/green image. Something I have done*Redface has altered this to a blank white icon with a letter M in red upon it. Your ideas on how to get this back to 'normal' would be appreciated. Thanks in...
  6. Strange Start Menu Icons since Samsung EXO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Start Menu Icons since Samsung EXO: Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot. However,...
  7. Strange Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Start Menu Icons: Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot. However,...
  8. Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them: Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks in advance! 111174
  9. Internet connection, strange icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection, strange icons.: Hi, Recently and depending on the internet connection I was dealing with, I noticed in Logon Screen ( Windows 10 Pro, version 1803) these never before seen, bellow attached icons. Been searching Google, just to find a non-conclusive reference to the small circle. Does anyone...
  10. .jpeg images won't open, strange icon

in Browsers and Email
    .jpeg images won't open, strange icon: Hey everyone, So I recently tried to open a .jpeg image that I downloaded from google images to make it my computer wallpaper. But for some strange reason, the icon for it is just a blank icon with a couple of cogs on it. Whenever I try to open the file, it immediately...