Windows 10: What is this? Was followed by a restart.

Discus and support What is this? Was followed by a restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/callingFives [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw3v6k/what_is_this_was_followed_by_a_restart/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/callingFives, Nov 13, 2019.

1. What is this? Was followed by a restart.

/u/callingFives, Nov 13, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What is this? Was followed by a restart. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 13, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 13, 2019
  4. What is this? Was followed by a restart.

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

What is this? Was followed by a restart.

1. What is this? Was followed by a restart. - Similar Threads - Was followed restart

2. What are more troubleshooting steps for the following issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are more troubleshooting steps for the following issue?: I have been attempting to download/install a cumulative update for a Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter. The error is 0x800F0831. Ran DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - Success DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CHECKHEALTH - Success DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH...
  3. What are more troubleshooting steps for the following issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are more troubleshooting steps for the following issue?: I have been attempting to download/install a cumulative update for a Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter. The error is 0x800F0831. Ran DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - Success DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CHECKHEALTH - Success DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH...
  4. HDD cannot be accessed or initialized following restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD cannot be accessed or initialized following restart: I recently bought this PC and have been having a multitude of issues. Recently the internal HDD now registers as an unknown device after I unplugged and moved my PC. I have tried re-initializing and receive the error code "Incorrect function". I am at a loss for what to do...
  5. HDD cannot be accessed or initialized following restart

HDD cannot be accessed or initialized following restart: I recently bought this PC and have been having a multitude of issues. Recently the internal HDD now registers as an unknown device after I unplugged and moved my PC. I have tried re-initializing and receive the error code "Incorrect function". I am at a loss for what to do...
  6. What does the following mean, in HUMAN language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the following mean, in HUMAN language?: I just received something about "family safety features", which read like trying to read a Russian tech manual, with no knowledge of the Russian language.Why is information, on personal computers, never "translated" into the user/owners primary, HUMAN, language?...
  7. What does the following mean, in HUMAN language?

What does the following mean, in HUMAN language?: I just received something about "family safety features", which read like trying to read a Russian tech manual, with no knowledge of the Russian language.Why is information, on personal computers, never "translated" into the user/owners primary, HUMAN, language?...
  8. What does the following mean, in HUMAN language?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. what does the following error message mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what does the following error message mean?: Request Id: 610ffe26-04af-4076-a0a6-85c20440a000 Correlation Id: af2fbcc5-8f63-4951-a93d-ce87d38d2799 Timestamp: 2020-08-21T11:06:46Z Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app...
  10. What is best install option for the following

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is best install option for the following: I have a PC with W7 business pro and want to upgrade to W10 version. I am not sure of the best way to do so. In this process I also want to add a SSD my system. At this time my PC has one HD with a C and D partitons; the OS is on the C partition. My question is should I...