Windows 10: What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button?

Discus and support What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone!Why does Windows Defender breaks with one button in the Win 10 Tweaker program?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alex Nameov, Jul 25, 2021.

1. What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button?

Hi everyone!Why does Windows Defender breaks with one button in the Win 10 Tweaker program?

:)

Alex Nameov, Jul 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Jul 25, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button?

What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

Thema:

What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button?

1. What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button? - Similar Threads - Defender breaks button

2. KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan: Windows 11. It's all there in the title. I've installed and uninstalled it twice. Both times, offline scan was available in the options, but failed to start rebooting the machine. I've gone through the "upgrade in place" option....
  3. KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan: Windows 11. It's all there in the title. I've installed and uninstalled it twice. Both times, offline scan was available in the options, but failed to start rebooting the machine. I've gone through the "upgrade in place" option....
  4. ONE BUTTON SCREENSHOT!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE BUTTON SCREENSHOT!!!!!!!!: Is there anyway to assign the print screen button to where when its pressed ONLY ONE TIME it will take a full screenshot and save it to the screenshot folder? I know it can be set up to be pressed once then click on the cursor pad and it will save. But is there a way to...
  5. .NET update breaks Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET update breaks Windows defender: Hello,I just installed Windows 22H2 update. After the update Windows Defender worked fine until Windows installed .NET update KB5017026. The same thing happened in July when I installed Windows 11 for the first time. There was a .NET update that broke the Defender. Event log...
  6. .NET update breaks Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET update breaks Windows defender: Hello,I just installed Windows 22H2 update. After the update Windows Defender worked fine until Windows installed .NET update KB5017026. The same thing happened in July when I installed Windows 11 for the first time. There was a .NET update that broke the Defender. Event log...
  7. Microsoft breaks Windows Defender on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft breaks Windows Defender on Windows 10: Update for Windows Defender broke the antivirus scans on Windows 10, with the antivirus protection software reporting error “Items Skipped During Scan”. For many users, Windows Defender scans are failing after a couple of minutes, confirming that “scan was skipped” and no...
  8. Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature: Some Windows 10 users have been troubled after applying the September 2019 cumulative update due to critical bugs like broken Start menu and Network adapter failures. Following a catalogue of disasters, another bug appears to be hitting Windows 10. According to various...
  9. Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Missing Scan Button: Suddenly when I open Windows Security, I no longer have the buttons to scan for viruses. Even though I have McAfee, I always could scan with Windows Defender-- it just didn't do real-time scan. Now I can't even scan. If anybody is experiencing this, please let me know....
  10. What Button? I do not see one!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Button? I do not see one!: "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" What Button? I do not see one !...