Windows 10: What is "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe", and why does it kick off?

Discus and support What is "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe", and why does it kick off? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Useful information - thanks very much. May you fare well, in this and the other world. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SamRick, Apr 4, 2018.

1. SamRick Win User

What is "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe", and why does it kick off?

Useful information - thanks very much.

May you fare well, in this and the other world.

SamRick, Apr 4, 2018
  2. SamRick Win User

Today, shortly after startup, and before I had done any work myself, I noticed my Windows 10 system was running 'like a dog with one leg'. Task Mgr revealed a process running constantly at 48-50% CPU, the busiest process on the system, and called "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe" - some letters in the filename were capitalised, but I don't remember which - and C: (OS disk) 100% busy, resulting in a very slow response from anything.

I don't use Windows Mail, and my preferred mail app, Thunderbird, had not been started.

I haven't seen this process before, so after noting the executable's filename, I killed the process to give me some power, and tried searching the web for any info about this process with Google and DuckDuckGo. Only one entry mentioned this process by name, but it was all in German, so I couldn't make out what was its significance, if anything.

I have searched for the file in my own AppData (nothing), Windows (nothing), Program Files (nothing), Program Files (x86) (nothing), and Program Data (nothing). I can't think of anywhere else where an executable might lurk.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1709 (OS build 16299.371).

Can anyone tell me what uimam.uwpmail.app.exe does, and why it suddenly sprang into action this morning?

BTW, after killing the process, it didn't come back to life, as sometimes happens after killing a process. No virus or malware alert has been triggered by Trend Micro Maximum Security.

Thanks.
    Sam

:)

SamRick, Apr 25, 2018
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Apr 25, 2018
  4. What is "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe", and why does it kick off?

5 free songs to download. Why does it say that " voucher code has already been used"?

@moomoo1

Please contact Nokia Care to get help with this. Check
    http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us
    > Call or email Nokia Care > Select your country to find local contact details for you.

-ThreeOs

ThreeOs---01, Apr 25, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    According to the German site you mention (assuming this is it) the program is stored in the location in the box below. Note WindowsApps directory is hidden so you can't normally see it. Code: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\4659BB81.GMXMail_2.3.5.0_x64__9r8rjdwa12808\Uimam.UwpMail.App.exe[/quote] Do you have this app installed ? GMX-Mail

6. SamRick Win User
    Ah! Thank you - brilliant.

Yes, I do have the GMXMail app installed, but as you mentioned, system files are normally hidden, even though I am in my own Administrators group, being the only user. Revealing system files in File options has allowed me to find the executable, so clearly it is legitimate and allowable. I will hide system files again, to prevent me causing havoc unintentionally.

The process must somehow have got into thrashing mode, as I hadn't seen it in action before, and haven't since.

If this happens again, I will go for a reinstall of GMXMail.

Thanks ever so much for your help.

SamRick, Apr 26, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    You are welcome. Just FYI you may have noticed the letters "UWP" in the name of your program object. UWP is short for Universal Windows Platform and these are the ones you get from the Windows Store.

They always stick their bits in WindowsApps directory which has restricted access to (I suppose) prevent tampering.

As for why these apps start I don't know. I noticed on a clean install that the built in Skype app runs every time the system is booted even though I've never once opened it. Most startup things you can see in the autoruns program but these UWP apps seem to have their own rules regarding running themselves which I don't understand. Probably best to either leave them doing their thing or uninstall them if you don't use them.

Thema:

What is "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe", and why does it kick off?

1. What is "uimam.uwpmail.app.exe", and why does it kick off? - Similar Threads - uimam uwpmail app

2. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update: I just installed the latest cumulative update and restarted my Windows 10 22h2 PC, to see that AggregatorHost now runs in Task Manager at all times, even through multiple restarts; it doesn't consume many resources and behaves similarly to the AggregatorHost on my Windows 11...
  3. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update: I just installed the latest cumulative update and restarted my Windows 10 22h2 PC, to see that AggregatorHost now runs in Task Manager at all times, even through multiple restarts; it doesn't consume many resources and behaves similarly to the AggregatorHost on my Windows 11...
  4. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does Win10 keep on and on asking what app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Win10 keep on and on asking what app?: It seems no matter how often I set my fav browser, media player and alternative to Office, it just keeps on, and on, and on, seemingly randomly, asking what app do I want to open such files with? Worse, it KNOWS, and asks "Do I want to keep using....." YES! Heck YES! Stop...
  6. Kick off of net service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kick off of net service: I keep getting booted off my service lane every time a certain person in this household gets on there laptop too play a Xbox related game or even when said person is using the Xbox console, what can I do to correct this problem?...
  7. kicked off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kicked off: I get kicked Minecraft every few minutes. Sometimes it says it's disconnected from server, but most of the time it just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kicked-off/21bc9ef3-791d-4f5a-adb7-1d8280938fe9
  8. What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?: When I check RtkAudioService64.exe to be run whenever user login, I would like to know on what RtkAudioService64.exe is doing. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I need it or not? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. kicked off wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    kicked off wifi: I'm repeatedly kick off wifi using my ASUS windows 10 laptop, and the wifi connection is working fine in my home. What can be causing that to happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/kicked-off-wifi/6ce6899c-a009-4ad1-9c45-3755d61e5ff4
  10. Kick off the windows 10 residue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kick off the windows 10 residue: Hello, i'm on a 18GO memory pc. I'm running with windows 8, but when i first bought it i tried to instal windows 10 and I quickly see that I was lacking of space. So i weren't able to dl windows 10, but it filled up my memory and i don't know how what I dl, i don't want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uimam

2. uimam.uwpmail.app.exe