Windows 10: What is "UPN?"

Discus and support What is "UPN?" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; "UPN" appears in my Program files across my 4 laptops. From reading, it appears to be a MS thing. What is it for? If nothing in particular, how do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Wobble 12, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Wobble 12 Win User

What is "UPN?"

"UPN" appears in my Program files across my 4 laptops. From reading, it appears to be a MS thing.

What is it for? If nothing in particular, how do you remove as does not appear in, "Uninstall Programs."

I searched back to 2016 for explanation for UPN, and nothing. I stopped at that point.

My laptops are for home use only. I have WIN 10, 1909

:)

Wobble 12, Dec 19, 2019
  2. John_544 Win User

Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of site to an on premises domain controller.

We have examples at our organisation where a user is permanently based offsite and we wish to send them a brand new computer that they have not logged onto before. Currently we either ask them to come collect the computer and log onto it before taking it
    away or we set them up with a local account (really want to move away from this option).

We have implemented hybrid domain joined computers as we cannot move away from group policy at this stage but none of our hybrid domain joined computers allow UPN login when no line of site to a domain controller. Is this normal behaviour?

Note: UPN logon does work if line of site to a domain controller and with locally cached username.

John_544, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Gendra Win User
    We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available.

I am getting this error message while changing password of my domain account. I have alternate UPN suffixes in my AD DS, i.e. contoso.com.np as Primary domain name and contoso.com as alternate UPN suffix. Please suggest the solution for this error.

Gendra, Dec 19, 2019
  4. CaesarSR Win User

What is "UPN?"

Change Security Device Credentials

I have a AAD joined Windows 10 device (Surface Book 2). Recently, my UPN changed, however, the "Security Device Credential" still has my old UPN, and doesn't work to connect to resources. How do I change the Security Device Credential to reflect the
    changed UPN?

CaesarSR, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

What is "UPN?"

1. What is "UPN?" - Similar Threads - UPN

2. Accidently hit reformat and now asking for comcastemail or upn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently hit reformat and now asking for comcastemail or upn: I baught my computer used off amazon and hit reformat on it tring to uninstall a game now asking for upn or comcast email and wont let me go further in reinstall...
  3. Accidently hit reformat and now asking for comcastemail or upn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently hit reformat and now asking for comcastemail or upn: I baught my computer used off amazon and hit reformat on it tring to uninstall a game now asking for upn or comcast email and wont let me go further in reinstall...
  4. Accidently hit reformat and now asking for comcastemail or upn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User Principal Name UPN Change Impact

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Principal Name UPN Change Impact: We have an on-premises Active Directory with users having *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as the UPN. We need to change the UPN for the users from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. What will be the...
  6. Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first: Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of site to an on premises domain controller. We have examples at our organisation where a user is permanently based offsite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a UPN folder win 10

2. upn appears in my programs list