Windows 10: What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings?

Discus and support What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer under the advanced settings in the View options? Will it affect Explorer's indexing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PizDat, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PizDat Win User

What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings?

What is the "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer under the advanced settings in the View options? Will it affect Explorer's indexing capabilities if I disable it?

:)

PizDat, Aug 4, 2019
  2. PizDat Win User

What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings?

What is the "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer under the advanced settings in the View options? Will it affect Explorer's indexing capabilities if I disable it?

PizDat, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  4. What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings?

Hi Piz

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Its a simplified way to Share files and folders, especially if you use your computer in an organization with a complex business network.

If you are not part of a business network, it really isn't necessary, since you can still do manual file and folder sharing using the following steps. But, for basic users who don't know anything about advanced file sharing and setting up permissions, its a
    lot easier.

No, it does not affect indexing if you turn it off.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/share-files-st...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings? - Similar Threads - sharing wizard option

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  5. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  6. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  8. advance sharing options turn on by itself - windows 10

advance sharing options turn on by itself - windows 10: hello, i have installed windows 10 pro today and turned of sharing options from control panel . but i checked it again and turned back to on for all networks ( private and public) , it happened for three time during to day and happened to me yesterday more than one time...
  9. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  10. Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.: Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have file indexing turned off. How do I just get names of files and folders? 26183

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use sharing wizard windows 10

2. how to using sharing wizard in file explorer

3. windows 10 use sharing wizard

4. use sharing wizard,
  5. what is sharing wizard file explorer,
  6. windows 10 explorer advanced sharing options