Windows 10: What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email?

Discus and support What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of my win10 pro systems got corrupted and I had to reset. At first boot after reset I was asked for my Microsoft account email and password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeemerBiker, Jul 22, 2019.

1. What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email?

One of my win10 pro systems got corrupted and I had to reset. At first boot after reset I was asked for my Microsoft account email and password. There was no option for a local account name.

I cannot figure out how to set auto login nor how to form the openssh login.

Assume my email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and password "d" with system "jysdualxeon"

After the reset, when I put the above in I was greeted by windows 10 with my full name: "Full Name". Clearly, windows 10 logged in to my Microsoft account, found my registered PC, and got my name in addition to re-activating win10 (thanks!)

The problem: what is my username? is it *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or is it my "Full Name"

Normally, when I access this headless system, I sometimes use putty and the login is username@jysdualxeon -pw d and there are no quotes except for putty

ie: "C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe" username@jysdualxeon -pw d

I tried "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@jysdualxeon -pw d" (without the quotes) and was was told it was not properly formed.

"Full Name"@jysdualxeon (with the quotes) did not work either

neither did

"Full Name@jysdualxeon" -pw d

nor

"Full Name@jysdualxeon -pw d"

Autologin using netplwiz has the same problem.

=========[EDIT]===========

Got ssh to work with "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"@jysdualzeon -pw d

need quotes about the email

Not sure what to try on netplwiz

:)

BeemerBiker, Jul 22, 2019

2. Disable Login Screen Username and Email?

Hey guys, so i am making my first thread here on the 10 forums. My question is as stated in the title: Can i remove the Username and Email that is being shown on the Windows 10 Login screen? (And preferably the account picture to). I want only the password box to be left, and that is because of the screenshot i am going to attach. As you see, i took the head of the eagle and made it the account picture so it almost aligns perfectly, but it would be even better without the Account Picture at all. And as you see, the name and Email dont quite fit into this, so i would like to know if i can remove all 3 of them, or atleast the name and email, the picture is not that important. Screenshot from my login screen:

What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email? [​IMG]

(Where the white bars are, was my E-Mail and my name, but i had to remove it due to some idiots starting to spam me -_-)

Ye i know, but the point of this is to troll my friends badly, because we are making jokes about the NSA and so all the time, and i actually like the logo a bit, so i thought to make a complete integration of it into my login screen. So again, if you know a way please help me out here. Thanks in advance *Biggrin

yanniclord, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Jul 22, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email?

Change username - result: two login accounts, delete 1 unable to login

Microsoft does indeed pick the first 5 characters of your email address when setting up a new Microsoft Account login. If you create a local account first you can specify the username you want and then change it to a Microsoft account later. In that way you will keep your original [AccountName] for the user folder.

Changing the [AccountName] is very difficult, I am not sure what you did in step 3 of your post but that is most certainly where things started to go wrong.

I hope I have understood your question properly.

philc43, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email?

1. What is username for "auto login" or "openssh" when account name is email? - Similar Threads - username auto login

2. what is the naming scheme for ms account on windows login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the naming scheme for ms account on windows login ?: I was learning `hydra` tool of kali linux on my home network. When i use it to bruteforce on local account windows login at user: `sagar` and password :`Sam@#123` using :hydra -l sagar -P pw.list ssh://192.168.1.1 and it cracked bruteforcing using pw.list ...Now thinking that...
  3. what is the naming scheme for ms account on windows login ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the naming scheme for ms account on windows login ?: I was learning `hydra` tool of kali linux on my home network. When i use it to bruteforce on local account windows login at user: `sagar` and password :`Sam@#123` using :hydra -l sagar -P pw.list ssh://192.168.1.1 and it cracked bruteforcing using pw.list ...Now thinking that...
  4. what is the naming scheme for ms account on windows login ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What is the naming scheme for windows login associated to microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the naming scheme for windows login associated to microsoft account ?: I was performing a `hydra` attack on my local network laptop as host. I have a local account not associated with microsoft account and another account windows login associated with microsoft account. The password for both of the accounts is : `apple123` which is not the great...
  6. What is the naming scheme for windows login associated to microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the naming scheme for windows login associated to microsoft account ?: I was performing a `hydra` attack on my local network laptop as host. I have a local account not associated with microsoft account and another account windows login associated with microsoft account. The password for both of the accounts is : `apple123` which is not the great...
  7. What is the naming scheme for windows login associated to microsoft account ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Username login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username login: When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school email instead. Recently, I tried installing an app from the store but I needed to create a new account because my school...
  9. Login Screen email name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen email name: I have changed my email provider. How do I change the email name on the login screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-email-name/2ed0253a-63f3-4f69-94f1-7b7f22a5309a
  10. Disable Login Screen Username and Email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Login Screen Username and Email?: Hey guys, so i am making my first thread here on the 10 forums. My question is as stated in the title: Can i remove the Username and Email that is being shown on the Windows 10 Login screen? (And preferably the account picture to). I want only the password box to be left, and...