Windows 10: What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts?

Discus and support What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What are these shortcuts called and where can I find a list of existing ones? More to the point, is there one for pointing to the folder you are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Broaln, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Broaln Win User

What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts?

What are these shortcuts called and where can I find a list of existing ones?

More to the point, is there one for pointing to the folder you are currently in?

:)

Broaln, Jul 27, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts? :)

terrace, Jul 27, 2019
  3. printing a file list

Here is a simple way to create such a listing:

1. Mark the code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it. Note that it might extend over two lines.
    2. Press the Windows key + R, then press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    3. Press Enter. You now have a new desktop shortcut called "List".

To get a file listing of any folder, simply use your left mouse button to drag the folder on top of the
    List shortcut, then drop it there. This will generate a file list in the desktop file
    Dir.txt.

cmd /c echo @dir /b /a-d /s %1 ^> "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Dir.txt" > %UserProfile%\desktop\List.bat" & pause

Frederik Long, Jul 27, 2019
  4. What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts?

1. What is %UserProfile% called? IS there a list of such shortcuts? - Similar Threads - %UserProfile% called list

2. Userprofile folder not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Userprofile folder not showing: Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not showing in users folder i turn on hidden folders and and drives but still not accessible this problem happened when i change...
  3. Userprofile folder not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Userprofile folder not showing: Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not showing in users folder i turn on hidden folders and and drives but still not accessible this problem happened when i change...
  4. a percentage sign shortcut to user desktop? eg. %USERPROFILE% or %SYSTEMROOT%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a percentage sign shortcut to user desktop? eg. %USERPROFILE% or %SYSTEMROOT%: So, I have been writing a short batch script to distribute and execute on multiple Windows 10 computers with desktop file location located differently. I cannot just insert my current desktop directory into the script and expect it to work on other machines as the directory...
  5. %userprofile%\Links folder no longer creating auto shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    %userprofile%\Links folder no longer creating auto shortcuts: I am using windows 10 pro Winver 2004. I noticed that when I originally dragged any folder or file into the %userprofile%\Links folder it automatically made it a shortcut. I inadvertently renamed the "Link" folder say something like "MyLinks" then I noticed when I dragged...
  6. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this button? I'm not even sure what it's called, but I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a keyboard shortcut for this button? I'm not even sure what it's called, but I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/osapThrowA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/es8x8a/is_there_a_keyboard_shortcut_for_this_button_im/
  7. %userprofile% is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    %userprofile% is wrong: After changing my username from Jerol to Jerold using netplwiz on Windows 10, and frebooting, %username% is Jerold BUT other environment variables, like userprofile, still use Jerol. How do I fix this?...
  8. Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts: I ran across this this afternoon and thought y'all might like it: Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands by a friend and fellow Beta Tester, Andre Da Costa. Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands 143416
  9. calls from contact list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    calls from contact list: We are getting calls from our contact list. When we answer it says the Microsoft account has been hacked. But the account looks good. How do I prevent others from accessing my contact list?...
  10. Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange desktop list (shortcut): Is it possible to arrange the order of desktop files/folders in the taskbar >> Button That shows a pop-up menu of all desktop Items? They move up and down constantly but without logic, like a-z sort or last used. 90591