Windows 10: What is VCLibs 12?

Discus and support What is VCLibs 12? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is VCLibs 12? It keeps asking for an update on the Windows Store. It won't even download the update. How do I remove it? 15625 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 11, 2015.

1. What is VCLibs 12?

What is VCLibs 12? It keeps asking for an update on the Windows Store. It won't even download the update.

How do I remove it?

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 11, 2015

2. store updates

what does vclibs 12 and crt rtm actually do?

ANIMESHJAAN, Aug 11, 2015
  3. [BM] Win User
    Store always download VCLibs 12 when i check for update

Try removing the "Download Skype/Get Skype-app".

After removing this app, VCLibs stopped updating.

4. YOU
    You Win User

What is VCLibs 12?

Uninstall the Get Skype app.

5. PAL
    pal Win User
    I uninstalled get skype on day 1. Every day vclibs 12 and crt rtm appears multiple times in the update log.

6. swarfega Win User
    It could be because Visual C++ packages are corrupt.

I suggest you to un-install Visual C ++ packages from Programs and Features and re-install them. Also repair .Net framework.
    Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R Keys, Type Appwiz.cpl

• Look for Visual C ++ Redistributable packages and click on them and click Un-install.
    • Download them from Microsoft website and install them and see if that helps.
    Microsoft Download Center

swarfega, Aug 14, 2015
  7. I removed the "Get Skype" app and it went away.

Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is VCLibs 12?

1. What is VCLibs 12? - Similar Threads - VCLibs

2. how to install VCLibs package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 not the UWPDesktop version with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to install VCLibs package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 not the UWPDesktop version with...: Microsoft store not working for me and i need to install Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 version 14.0.32530.0 manually from the power shell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-vclibs-package-microsoftvclibs14000/9166c30b-3ddc-444c-ae7e-bfb1410094de
  3. how to install VCLibs package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 not the UWPDesktop version with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install VCLibs package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 not the UWPDesktop version with...: Microsoft store not working for me and i need to install Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 version 14.0.32530.0 manually from the power shell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-vclibs-package-microsoftvclibs14000/9166c30b-3ddc-444c-ae7e-bfb1410094de
  4. how to install VCLibs package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 not the UWPDesktop version with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist: Project here: https://github.com/AkazaRenn/FruitLanguageSwitcher/tree/main/Core/LanguageSwitcherIt currently requires vc_redist as its dependency, so any user without vc_redist installed will get a silent crash. I tried including VCLibs, but it didn't help. Correct me if I'm...
  6. Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist

Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist: Project here: https://github.com/AkazaRenn/FruitLanguageSwitcher/tree/main/Core/LanguageSwitcherIt currently requires vc_redist as its dependency, so any user without vc_redist installed will get a silent crash. I tried including VCLibs, but it didn't help. Correct me if I'm...
  7. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  8. VCLIB dlls missing

VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  9. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. need VCLibs 12.0.30501.0 folder or appx file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need VCLibs 12.0.30501.0 folder or appx file: To fix the windows apps issue on windows 10, I need the appx file, or installed folder on a computer of these two VCLibs: Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00.Universal_12.0.30501.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00.Universal_12.0.30501.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Any help will be...