Windows 10: What is veritas and nicknames

Discus and support What is veritas and nicknames in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/freepandora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdm1ct/what_is_veritas_and_nicknames/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/freepandora, May 4, 2020.

1. What is veritas and nicknames

/u/freepandora, May 4, 2020
  2. chkavo Win User

E61 - Nicknames

I am trying to simplify soem of my voice tags on my new E61.

According to the manual tehy can be based on nicknames (which would be simpler than some of the full names I have synchronised form Outlook). I cant find any way of adding a nickname though... Any suggestions?

Chris

chkavo, May 4, 2020
  3. File as nickname

I guess I understand that MOST Pocket PC users are business folks, but surely there are more than a few of us "turbo nerds" who can't help but buy these things. Personally, I'm on my very first Pocket PC (the Tilt) and I'm loving it.

However, there is one annoyance that I can't seem to surmount: can you file a contact by a nickname? For example, of course I want my mother entered with her full name (Jane Doe, say), but I'll enter "Mom" as her nickname. Under "file as," however, I can
    list her as "Jane Doe" or "Doe, Jane." Well, of course I want her listed as "Mom." I don't want to put "Mom" in the first name field and leave the last name blank, of course. How is this accomplished? Surely even power business users have mothers?!?

And Mom, of course, is an example. I really would like most of my contacts entered with full names, yet appearing in the contact list under their nicknames. Am I missing something or am I going to have to seek out a computer genius to put a hack together
    for me?

Thanks so much,

Teddy

teddystiles, May 4, 2020
  4. mgoksoy Win User

What is veritas and nicknames

Contacts with Nicknames

Phones/computers cannot see the difference between names and nicknames.

Whatever you write in your contact list is the important thing for them.

So, if you want to refer to Mr John Smith as Smithy, just enter Smithy as the contact name and that's it. He's Smithy...

mgoksoy, May 4, 2020
Thema:

What is veritas and nicknames

1. What is veritas and nicknames - Similar Threads - veritas nicknames

2. Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.: So, I was trying to change the name of a file on my desktop and a pop-up came up, and somehow the name of the user folder on my desktop ended up changing instead you usually do not have the perms to rename it afaik. I tried changing it back, restarting my pc, and all that to...
  3. Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.: So, I was trying to change the name of a file on my desktop and a pop-up came up, and somehow the name of the user folder on my desktop ended up changing instead you usually do not have the perms to rename it afaik. I tried changing it back, restarting my pc, and all that to...
  4. Minecraft NickName BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft NickName BUG: Olá, eu estou tentando resgatar um nick de 3 letras que no site que vemos perfil de Minecraft ele se encontra disponivel, porem quando você tenta aplicar-lo ele aparece indisponivel que já existe alguem utilizando, mesmo se você for na API é ver que não tem um UID no nick ele...
  5. Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup: I've been going round and round with Veritas on why a Hyper-V Gen2 VHDX backended server cannot be backed up for GRT restores. For the last 5 weeks they've had me running logs to try to figure out why. All other virtual machines backup properly as well as the Hyper-V server...
  6. Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Exec from Veritas not able to perform a GRT backup: I've been going round and round with Veritas on why a Hyper-V Gen2 VHDX backended server cannot be backed up for GRT restores. For the last 5 weeks they've had me running logs to try to figure out why. All other virtual machines backup properly as well as the Hyper-V server...
  7. Looking for complete silent installation of Veritas Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in MSI...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for complete silent installation of Veritas Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in MSI...: Outlook 365 is being killed forcefully while upgrading to "Veritas Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in 12.5.1221". Do we have any switch or any other way to prevent killing Outlook?...
  8. Veritas

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veritas: What happened to a young mans antibody test from March of 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/veritas/027466fa-a643-42a4-aee2-dd223c1baf64
  9. Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need 2TB of cheap cloud storage for my Veritas System Recovery backup: I use Veritas System Recovery 18 to backup up the drives on my Win 10 system. I have incremental and full backup jobs for several drives that run at various times during the day. Right now I backup to an internal drive and to a usb attached sata drive. I would like to also...
  10. error 1904 when trying to install Veritas system recovery on windows 10 ver 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 1904 when trying to install Veritas system recovery on windows 10 ver 1809: When i try to install Veritas system recovery 18 on windows 10 ver 1809 i get error 1904 failed to registered hresult -1073740791 When i try to install it on older windows 10 version 1803 on the same computer every thing work fine. i already tried to make a clean boot and...