Windows 10: WHAT IS VIRTUAL RAM??????

Discus and support WHAT IS VIRTUAL RAM?????? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MY PC HAS 2 GB RAM INSTALLED. IT AUTOMATICALLY SETS 2 GB AS VIRTUAL RAM. I SEE MY PC RAN SLOW SO I SET VIRTUAL RAM TO 8 GB. NOW PERFORMANCE JUST... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JJP.1, Jul 28, 2019.

1. JJP.1 Win User

WHAT IS VIRTUAL RAM??????

MY PC HAS 2 GB RAM INSTALLED.

IT AUTOMATICALLY SETS 2 GB AS VIRTUAL RAM.

I SEE MY PC RAN SLOW

SO I SET VIRTUAL RAM TO 8 GB.

NOW PERFORMANCE JUST IMPROVED.

What is virtual ram??????

What Is the use of virtual ram????

How is it works??????

Is there anything to do with it?????

Please explain??????

:)

JJP.1, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 28, 2019
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin WHAT IS VIRTUAL RAM?????? :D

DrunkenMafia, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Where is my RAM?

Hi,

Cache stored on Windows
    10 restricts your PC
    from working efficiently. If there is a continuous and high volume of cached read requests from any process or from any
    driver, the working set (the number of memory pages in the physical RAM)
    size of the system file cache will grow to meet this demand.
    The system file cache consumes the physical RAM. Therefore, sufficient
    amounts of physical RAM are not available for other processes.

On 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the size of the virtual address range is typically larger than
    the physical RAM. In this situation, the working set for the system file cache can increase to consume most of the physical RAM.

We suggest that you clear caches on your Windows 10 computer to resolve memory usage issues. Few things that you
    can try clearing are the Windows Store and Temp Files caches. Check out the steps below:

How to clear the Windows Store cache:

• Press
      Windows + R keys to open a
      Run prompt.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      into the text box, then click
      OK.

How to clear the Temp Files cache:

• Open the
      Start menu.

• Type
      Disk Cleanup, then
      press Enter.

• Under the
      Disk Cleanup tab, uncheck all boxes except for
      Temporary Files, then click
      OK.

Hope the above information helps.
    Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. WHAT IS VIRTUAL RAM?????? - Similar Threads - VIRTUAL RAM

2. How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?: Hello,How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?My system:Windows 11SSD WD 850 Black - 1tb G.Skill Neo - 16Gb RAMProcessor AMD 3700X - 8 cores :16 threadsHDD Seagate 3tb Video card- Nitro+ AMD RADEON RX6700XT...
  3. How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?: Hello,How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?My system:Windows 11SSD WD 850 Black - 1tb G.Skill Neo - 16Gb RAMProcessor AMD 3700X - 8 cores :16 threadsHDD Seagate 3tb Video card- Nitro+ AMD RADEON RX6700XT...
  4. How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?: Hail all:I use quite heavy graphical programs.Often, my Phys. and GPU RAM is filled to the nock.Now, how can I make Windows use my V-Mem more than it does?I have 32GB RAM, 8GB GDDR6, I placed 64 GB on a fast SSD as Virtual Memory set as 8GB min to 64GB max.Been looking on...
  5. How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?

How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?: Hail all:I use quite heavy graphical programs.Often, my Phys. and GPU RAM is filled to the nock.Now, how can I make Windows use my V-Mem more than it does?I have 32GB RAM, 8GB GDDR6, I placed 64 GB on a fast SSD as Virtual Memory set as 8GB min to 64GB max.Been looking on...
  6. Virtual Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Ram: Hello,I am Vatshal GautamWhen I set initial size to 16 and maximum size to 24, it says If you disable the paging file or set the initial size to less than 200 megabytes and a system error occurs, Windows might not record details that could help identify the problem. Do you...
  7. Virtual Ram

Virtual Ram: Hello,I am Vatshal GautamWhen I set initial size to 16 and maximum size to 24, it says If you disable the paging file or set the initial size to less than 200 megabytes and a system error occurs, Windows might not record details that could help identify the problem. Do you...
  8. Virtual Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My computer is decent at running games, but it has 12gb virtual ram and it says only 6.34gb...

My computer is decent at running games, but it has 12gb virtual ram and it says only 6.34gb...: I tried to switch to default theme but it still wont work, anyone else have this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-decent-at-running-games-but-it-has/ddd5274b-0523-47f5-93c8-22cf9d70f4ec
  10. My computer is decent at running games, but it has 12gb virtual ram and it says only 6.34gb...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is decent at running games, but it has 12gb virtual ram and it says only 6.34gb...: I tried to switch to default theme but it still wont work, anyone else have this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-decent-at-running-games-but-it-has/ddd5274b-0523-47f5-93c8-22cf9d70f4ec