Windows 10: What is VPN & what does it do

Discus and support What is VPN & what does it do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to know what VPN is & what it does. Does it slow down the PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SharonHines, Dec 16, 2018.

1. What is VPN & what does it do

I want to know what VPN is & what it does. Does it slow down the PC.

:)

SharonHines, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 16, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin What is VPN & what does it do :D

P4-630, Dec 16, 2018
  4. What is VPN & what does it do

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

What is VPN & what does it do

1. What is VPN & what does it do - Similar Threads - VPN does

2. Azure VPN Client does not minimize to tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VPN Client does not minimize to tray: The Azure VPN Client app does not properly minimize to the tray, and instead takes up real estate on my taskbar.Is this a bug or am I overlooking a setting?...
  3. Azure VPN Client does not minimize to tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VPN Client does not minimize to tray: The Azure VPN Client app does not properly minimize to the tray, and instead takes up real estate on my taskbar.Is this a bug or am I overlooking a setting?...
  4. Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF: Hi,I noticed that under Setting < Network and Internet< Vpn< Advanced Option, Allow Vpn Over Metered Networks button and Allow Vpn While Roaming are ON and everytime i turn them off, as soon as i close the tab and check again, they get turned righ back ON.** I do not have VPN...
  5. Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF: Hi,I noticed that under Setting < Network and Internet< Vpn< Advanced Option, Allow Vpn Over Metered Networks button and Allow Vpn While Roaming are ON and everytime i turn them off, as soon as i close the tab and check again, they get turned righ back ON.** I do not have VPN...
  6. Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10: Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an important tool as it protects you against any kind of security threats and increases your online privacy. However, some users have complained that VPN does not work after connecting to 3G or 4G. If you encounter the same, kindly read...
  8. Does a VPN protect emails in transit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does a VPN protect emails in transit?: Want to understand more about how VPNs and secure email work. For email, can someone confirm or correct this basic understanding of possibilities? An email reaches my email account on a provider server. That server might be encrypted or not. When I call it up with a...
  9. Incoming VPN connection does not work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incoming VPN connection does not work on Windows 10: Hi, I have Windows 10 2004 installed on my machine and setup incoming VPN connection so I can use this computer as VPN server. However it does not work when I tried to connect to this computer from my other computer/phone in the same intranet. Routing and remote access is...
  10. Does win10 native vpn route all traffic via vpn?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does win10 native vpn route all traffic via vpn?: I normally use router based vpn (lan to lan) but am currently testing win10 native, specifically l2tp with pre-shared key. What I am finding is that when the vpn is connected, I can't access some other resources - specifically some remote routers on wan that only accept from...