Windows 10: What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1

Discus and support What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1? Is it needed on my PC? Is it safe? How did it get on my computer? Can I delete or uninstall it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Donnatz, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Donnatz Win User

What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1

What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1? Is it needed on my PC? Is it safe? How did it get on my computer? Can I delete or uninstall it?

:)

Donnatz, Oct 10, 2019

2. What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1

I just upgraded the Novemeber 2015 latest major Windows 10 update. I noticed that on the lower part of the screen by the clock--in the "Show Hidden Icons" display when you click it, there is a flash drive looking Icon in there qith a check mark on it. First
    of all I dont have any "Flash Drive plugged into my PC at the time. So, I click on the icon and it says--"Open Devices and Printers" and "Eject WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1. What does "Eject WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 mean? Since I dont have anything plugged into my USB
    ports etc. And it seems that this icon is permanent in the "Show Hidden Icons". When I click on "Eject WDC WD10EARS-22y5B1" a box appears and says "Windows is unable to stop the device "WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1". Don't remove this device while it is in use. Close
    any programa using this device and then remove it. What does all this mean? Like I said I "Don't" have anything plugged into my PC. This message never appeared before I did the latest major Windows 10 Novemebr 2015 upgrade. Please help!

SAMSON JOE, Oct 10, 2019
  3. What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1

This is what it is.. an internal
    1Tb hard drive

Mike Hall... always, Oct 10, 2019
  4. What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1

Hey there SAMSON JOE,

WDC WD10EARS is a WD Green HDD drive. Do you have such a drive in your system?

It may be that the system detected the drive as hot swap-able and allows you to disconnect it, but the OS is using it and won't dismount it.

Check the model numbers on your storage drives and if you have such a drive check BIOS or the OS for options for hot swapping your storage drives and disable it and see if this fixes things. What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 :)

Here's info on the WD Green drive: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=zYcIvn

Captain_WD, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. What Is WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 - Similar Threads - WDC WD10EARS 22Y5B1

2. What is winreset.bat & what is it used for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is winreset.bat & what is it used for?: winreset.bat, has appeared on my desktop, what is it & what is it used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-winresetbat-what-is-it-used-for/fbfc83f3-4aa3-40f2-b0dd-fec6934612bb
  3. WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0 disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0 disk: hi, so some days ago i was trying to fix %100 disk usage thing and i was told to uninstall the WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0 disk from my drivers, so i wonder if it does anything if this disk is not in my drivers....
  4. What is this and with what does it take screenshots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this and with what does it take screenshots?: https://snag.gy/K9i6W0.jpg In the context menu is Screenshot. I really like it, it's able to capture a frame of an app. I want to know more about it. Does it use another app? Is there a shortcut for using this? Is frames the correct term for what it outlines in an app?...
  5. whats virtualization and what does it do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    whats virtualization and what does it do?: hi I just enabled virtualization in my bios settings for my notebook because I was experimenting with a feature I was aware the pc had but never used it,but core isolation settings in windows security says its can't be enabled because something might be incompatable,i...
  6. what is

what is: What is HUP ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is/eec77593-c06f-4cd2-8086-925e34465d6a
  7. What is VPN & what does it do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is VPN & what does it do: I want to know what VPN is & what it does. Does it slow down the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-vpn-what-does-it-do/02c457a5-404a-4127-9626-b65a9072c093
  8. Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...

Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...: Take a look at this picture from CrystalDiskInfo - [img] Note that I circled TRIM. How does an HDD have TRIM listed as a feature? There's more to it but later... Thanks. *Zip 118164
  9. WHAT is this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHAT is this ?: This showed up in a program scanner ,..I use to keep my programs all updated. ( << Secunia PSI - program mention ) I had updates waiting on me last night for my Windows 8.1 , so I downloaded and installed ,this showed up after I ran a scan using Secunia PSI , as not...
  10. What the...?

in Windows 10 Support
    What the...?: I'm getting a sign that says: RO_TaskMgr Language file not found loading default language Immediately my PC goes nuts, zoom zooming up and down, scroll going crazy, etc. What is this thing and how can I get rid of it? Thanks for any help *Confused 63366