Windows 10: What is Windows 10 Build?

Discus and support What is Windows 10 Build? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 has 3D Builder which is a little graphics app. https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/stor...r/9WZDNCRFJ3T6 I get the impression that Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmdraft, Apr 25, 2016.

1. jmdraft Win User

What is Windows 10 Build?

Windows 10 has 3D Builder which is a little graphics app.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/stor...r/9WZDNCRFJ3T6

I get the impression that Windows 10 Build is nothing like this but the word Build is confusing me.

Can some one explain what Windows 10 Build is for – does?

:)

jmdraft, Apr 25, 2016
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Apr 25, 2016
  3. How To Restore Lost Memory From Disk Optimization?

Thanks for your help & sorry for late reply but problem has been solved What is Windows 10 Build? :)

Windows 10 is annoying, Apr 25, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

OldMike65, Apr 25, 2016
  5. jmdraft Win User
    I posted this elsewhere:.
    But I don’t understand the answer.
    This thread is closed
    Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159

So I’m trying again here. If this is not the appropriate place, can someone give me some other options……….the best place to put it?

Windows 10 has 3D Builder which is a little graphics app.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/stor...r/9WZDNCRFJ3T6

I get the impression that Windows 10 Build is nothing like this but the word Build is confusing me.

Can some one explain what Windows 10 Build is for – does?

jmdraft, Apr 25, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    consider the "Build" as meaning the version number...
    the higher the number, the newer the build or version..

Build or Version 1
    Build or Version 2
    etc

7. LMiller7 Win User
    As is often the case terms like "Build" have multiple meanings depending on context, just as with many English words. One meaning is a version number, a term that has been used by software developers for many years. Then there is 3D Builder, a graphics program. There is no relationship between the two usages.

LMiller7, Apr 25, 2016
  8. What is Windows 10 Build?

One version can have multiple builds, but higher number does not necessarily mean better, just different.
    When a build reaches a certain point of advancements, which prove reliable, it is released as a new version.

TairikuOkami, Apr 25, 2016
  9. jmdraft Win User
    Thanks all,

But these are similar answers to the one I first got and I don’t understand.
    My Windows version is abundantly clear and easy to find all over my computer. So why would I need an app for this?
    What is Windows 10 Build? [​IMG]

jmdraft, Apr 25, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    .............My Windows version is abundantly clear and easy to find all over my computer. So why would I need an app for this?..................

You don't.
    But you brought up the subject of " 3D Builder which is a little graphics app."
    For that, LMiller7 gave you the reply in post #3.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  11. Rocky Win User
    You do not need any app to see what build number you are on. Consider the word build to be similar to the word version.

Rocky, Apr 25, 2016
  12. LMiller7 Win User
    A word like "Build" will have multiple meanings depending on context. Any good dictionary will show several. To a software developer "Build" means to compile the source code into the finished product. A number is often used with the build to uniquely identify the order in which they were made. There might be several builds in a day or sequential build numbers might be days apart. For a variety of reasons some numbers might be skipped. Many build numbers are used internally by Microsoft and never released to the public.

Many applications will also use the word "Build" but there is no implication they have anything in common with the usage by Microsoft. The same word but different meanings.

LMiller7, Apr 25, 2016
  13. jmdraft Win User

Athanks LMiller7

I suspected it was something like this but wanted more clarification. There are a lot of graphics (CAD) programs that use the word Build. And, of course, this is a completely different can of worms. http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...r-aided-design

jmdraft, Apr 25, 2016
  14. Word Man Win User
    So, your version is 1511 and your build is 10586, updated to 10586.218. Just wait until you go Insider and start wanting to track flights and then find that not all are cleared for takeoff and you go back to tracking builds.*Wink

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is Windows 10 Build? - Similar Threads - Build

2. April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!: Please Read Entire Post For Complete Information On Cumulative Update KB5036980 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-23-2024kb5036980-os-builds-226213527-and/30870393-11e7-4571-9363-57e8ca33f020
  3. April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!: Please Read Entire Post For Complete Information On Cumulative Update KB5036980 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-23-2024kb5036980-os-builds-226213527-and/30870393-11e7-4571-9363-57e8ca33f020
  4. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  5. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  6. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...: >>> [Device Install UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices - Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample] >>> Section start 2024/03/22 14:18:35.193 cmd: C:\\tools\\devcon install ComponentizedAudioSample.inf Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample ndv: INF path:...
  7. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...: >>> [Device Install UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices - Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample] >>> Section start 2024/03/22 14:18:35.193 cmd: C:\\tools\\devcon install ComponentizedAudioSample.inf Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample ndv: INF path:...
  8. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  10. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 18922.rs_prerelease.190614-1427