Windows 10: What is windows 10 wifi direct password for my laptop

Discus and support What is windows 10 wifi direct password for my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i turned on internet wifi on modem on and connected to it on my laptop. My laptop name "DESKTOP-QLAUDBQ" connected the INTERNET THROUGH WIFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DEE_289, Aug 23, 2018.

1. DEE_289 Win User

What is windows 10 wifi direct password for my laptop

i turned on internet wifi on modem on and connected to it on my laptop. My laptop name "DESKTOP-QLAUDBQ" connected the INTERNET THROUGH WIFI INTERNET.... it shows in network and sharing centre, name : l"local area connection* 4" Description : "Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #3"...... connectivity status "no network access"...media state "Enabled"...packets sent: "409" received : "0"

When i turned-on, wifi on my samsung phone and wifi direct it show my Laptop name "DESKTOP-QLAUDBQ" and show tap to connect... on touching it it says connecting and gives message "invitation sent to laptop name and a pin number it shows".....when i touch ok .......but ever connects as it shows again tap to connect

In my mobile it also shows a wifi signal with a name ,DIRECT-KMDESKTOP-QLAUDBQmsBF ( quiet equivalent to laptop name ).... It also shows WPS available.....WHEN I TOUCH THAT SIGNAL IT ASKS FOR A PASSWORD..................

can any one please tell me what is that wifi signal and microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter and what is the password i need to give for that wifi signal

Thanks,

Regards,

Dee

:)

DEE_289, Aug 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 wifi direct password

I bought a windows 10 laptop recently and today i tried to connect to it with wifi direct from my android smart phone and it worked. The way i did it by opening settings on my Lg g4 smartphone, going into wifi, turning it on, opening the advanced settings,
    and going to wifi direct and tapping "search". On my acer e5-575g-53vg laptop i went to the settings, devices, connected devices,and clicked "add a device" and selcted my phone. Everything went well and it said it connected. Later i tried reconnecting to it
    and on my android phone in wifi (not wifi direct) it shows the laptop and when i try to connect it say i need a password, but i never set one. How do i find it? Everytime i try to connect to my phone from the laptop i get the error "device quit waiting, try
    again" how do i find the password for wifi direct?

Ethan_D_Smith, Aug 23, 2018
  3. How to turn on Wifi-Direct on Windows 10 laptop

how do I turn on wifi direct on a windows 10 laptop? I am trying to transfer a folder from my android smartphone to my laptop using wifi direct since I cant do it using a usb cord or bluetooth.

Unknown NameVU, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Elbuort Win User

Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Hi, really hoping we can find an answer to your question...

In my case, I too have enabled a hosted network using the netsh commands, but my android devices are unable to connect to it...always giving an "authentication error"...the password entered is definitely correct however. I have successfully used Connectify on the computer and connected my devices to it, BUT I am looking for a native solution because this desktop I am using is quite a dinosaur and the Connectify services and interface severely tax my system resources.

The reason I am zeroing in on Wifi Direct functions like you are is because Connectify includes an option for "Prefer Wifi Direct" for connections....enabling THAT option is the only way for my devices to use my Connectify hotspot. Again though, I would like to stop relying on Connectify and instead enable this functionality via the Command Line

Actually Kofoed, I suggest you try Connectify, it may just be the answer you are looking for, but for me, I'm hoping for guidance on controlling/enabling Wifi Direct via netsh commands and the like, in conjunction with the hosted network functionality.

Thanks

Elbuort, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. What is windows 10 wifi direct password for my laptop - Similar Threads - wifi direct password

2. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  3. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  4. Wifi direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi direct: I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps...
  5. Problem with Wifi Direct -...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Wifi Direct -...: Im doing the miracast using wifi direct method - to cast my mobile phone to my windows 10 pc - both devices claim they have "wifi direct" . Im following this example - https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/what-is-wifi-direct-in-windows-10-and-how-to-use-it/ -its connecting...
  6. How to find out the password from "WiFi Direct"

How to find out the password from "WiFi Direct": I turned on the "Projecting to this computer" feature, and a WIfi network called "DIRECT-JVDIVINEDEMONmsOT" appeared And how do I know the password from this network? And what was it for? Example: "DIRECT-JVDIVINEDEMONmsOT" - "DIVINEDEMON" = PCname This is not a mobile...
  7. Wifi Direct

Wifi Direct: I want to use wifi direct to move images from a Sony A6000 camera to my PC running W10. Is this possible or can it only be done on mobile devices? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/8ae5cda8-26c0-4459-9e62-a23dec3f0769
  8. WiFi and Direct Access

WiFi and Direct Access: So my organization uses DirectAccess to block websites, apps etc. The only problem is that it half the time takes 15 minutes to connect, or says No Internet. Please help. (It fixes with a restart or hard reboot but i don't like to do that.) Thanks...
  9. wifi direct

wifi direct: how do i activate wifi direct on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/a6cf58fd-93a3-4c61-8996-8225dac29a84
  10. Windows directing reset of Password??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows directing reset of Password??: Hi, I closed & restarted my windows 10 laptop for the first time in a little while. It updates of course automatically during this process. When I (unslept it? started from a complete shutdown maybe)... And after entering my password, It opens to a reset password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi direct password windows 10

2. wifi direct windows 10 password

3. windows 10 wifi direct password

4. direct desktop password,
  5. wifi direct password,
  6. microsoft wifi direct password,
  7. direct desktop wifi password,
  8. windows 10 direct wifi password,
  9. direct-modesktop pass word,
  10. what is the direct password of my windows 10,
  11. microostf wifi direct laptop password,