Windows 10: What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

Discus and support What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This thing is confusing me. [img] When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, May 7, 2019.

1. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

This thing is confusing me.
    What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be? [​IMG]

When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even when I remove it.

I have no idea what 02qqrmpycirm is. But when I check my registry I find this.
    Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\DeviceIdentities\production\S-1-5-21-3701390852-1264481525-2046129115-1001\02qqrmpycirm

<Data><User username="02QQRMPYCIRM"><HardwareInfo BoundTime="1556135970" TpmKeyStateClient="0" TpmKeyStateServer="0"/></User></Data>
    Is this normal with Windows 10? I can't locate the password to that except that it recreates this password. Those digits have no familiarity with any of the passwords that I use.

It comes on the Generic Credentials Persistence Local Computer. What is this? Even when I delete it it comes back after a while with the exact same username 02qqrmpycirm. I do not have such created username nor do I know the password of that. Windows 10 created this by itself!

I would be grateful if someone could let me know what this is.*Smile

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 7, 2019

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 7, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, May 7, 2019
  4. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 7, 2019
Thema:

What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

1. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be? - Similar Threads - Credential Manager Generic

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. credential manager

credential manager: credential manager until this new computer would allow me to see the password when clicked on it, only had to enter my pin, this new windows computer will not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/74453cdb-2c44-4a93-81f3-540f96a43082
  5. Windows Credentials no longer in Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Credentials no longer in Credential Manager: Hi, I can no longer login to any Office 365 software, access Onedrive, or even access various sites that require live Id login. I use onedrive with my business and it is making things very difficult to process data. I did reset my password and have access via my mobile...
  6. Credential manager - Web Credentials

Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  7. Generic credentials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Generic credentials: Hi I would like to know what the following means : Microsoft_Paidconnectivity_WiFi_AccessToken Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-credentials/c73f7df1-1e1f-47f9-ab2f-a6d3c2771acd
  8. Generic Credentials

Generic Credentials: Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back....
  9. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/04e957fa-0d01-49e7-80f3-cb74e847e2f8
  10. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?: Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-generic-credentials-unknown-listing-what/e10b8b91-133d-4af2-8e96-ef2d192cb87d"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a windows credential

2. what are generic credentials windows 10

3. generic credentials

4. what is a generic credential,
  5. generic credentials means,
  6. credential manager credentials were read meaning,
  7. generic credentials windows 10,
  8. what is a windows credential windows 10,
  9. hkey_users\.default\software\microsoft\identitycrl\deviceidentities,
  10. what is generic credentials windows 10,
  11. e93ec0bd 87bd 4933 9e3a 89160c088da9 login,