Windows 10: What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe?

Discus and support What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] What is this winlogon.exe? Where is it located? Is it a virus? Why does it consume high CPU on Windows 10 at times and what you do about this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 28, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe?

WinClub, Dec 28, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Computer Freezes on Windows Main Screen!?!

IF YOU USED AUTO ADMIN LOGON:
    regedit.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Microsoft
    Windows NT
    CurrentVersion
    Winlogon

In the defaultpassword entry, your password should be there.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 28, 2018
  4. What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe?

Not able to install exe file created in WINDEV application

Since you mentioned that the application worked in a previous version of Windows, we would like to clarify if you attempted to install the application using compatibility mode as was suggested in the previous post? The reason we need to verify if you have
    completed the steps provided is because compatibility mode allows older programs to work in a more recent version of Windows. Also we need the answers to the following questions below:

• Were there any newer versions of the application you're attempting to install that is made for windows 10?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in the computer?

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe?

1. What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe? - Similar Threads - Logon Application winlogon

2. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles: I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in...
  3. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles: I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in...
  4. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?: So I wanted to know, what makes a .exe file be a windows application appear in the applications settings.For example if I make a .exe file, it does not appear in the windows application settings, whereas if I download a game from steam, it does. What I am trying to figure...
  6. What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?

What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?: So I wanted to know, what makes a .exe file be a windows application appear in the applications settings.For example if I make a .exe file, it does not appear in the windows application settings, whereas if I download a game from steam, it does. What I am trying to figure...
  7. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  8. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  9. Winlogon Init

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winlogon Init: Hi, My PC is under Windows 10 2004 and my boot takes too much time. It's like that since more than a year and I can't recon when it happened and what installation or else could be linked to this change. I did a BT and to me it seems the issue comes from the "Winlogon Init"...
  10. Windows Logon GUI application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Logon GUI application: as the title says, what does that program actually do? cause recently I noticed it was eating up my CPU usage. it's always turned all the way to 80-90%, which cause the full CPU usage to 100% cause there's other background apps running. but the thing is when I open task...